“'Felicitas' - Happiness, luck, good fortune...”

Felicity’s Vintage & Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Swansea
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed temporarily until December 2016 (but available for special antique and collectable sales meanwhile - please phone). When we reopen in December, browse through our collection of antiques and collectables for sale, and enjoy our Tea Room, where we serve all-day breakfast, lunch, or morning or afternoon tea with an emphasis on home-made fare. Take in our panoramic views of Great Oyster Bay, Nine Mile Beach, the Freycinet Penninsula and the Swansea township. Watch the light play on the water and surrounds, as the colours change, and occasionally, the dolphins play as you dine. Friendly service, quality meals, Devonshire Tea, good coffee and tea, home-made cakes and biscuits. Indoor, outdoor, and verandah seating available. BYO available with meals. Centrally located on the rocks over Jubilee Beach, in the heart of Swansea, at 1 Maria St.
Brisbane, Australia
“'Felicitas' - Happiness, luck, good fortune...”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The name Felicity has a Latin origin in the word, Felicitas, meaning happiness, luck, good fortune.
As first time visitors to Tasmania, my husband & I happened upon Felicity's Tea-room by sheer good luck...and as we sat upon a sunny sheltered verandah overlooking an unbeatable view of the truly beautiful bay of the Frecinet Peninsular, we knew that a happy life was made of moments such as these...Then to top it off, we were served high quality, home made food by our friendly mine hosts. At Felicity's Tea Room you are mercifully saved from the somewhat predictable cookies & cakes that populate the shelves of lesser venues. At Felicity's, you can only have scrumptious morsels, baked, cooked and created on the premises that very day... Ummm delicious... And if you have yet to be convinced that you have hit the Jackpot, you can extend the pleasure of the moment by fossicking through a fine collection of china, craft, antiques & memorabilia. Our good fortune continued when our hosts, went out of their way to ensure delicate purchased items were personally delivered to our Queensland home. Impressive...
So when on the Frecinet Peninsular, do yourself a great favour and visit the appropriately named Felicity's Tea Room

• Visited January 2013

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great hosts, coffee, view AND shopping!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I visited Felicity's recently after hearing rave reviews from friends on their last trip to Tassie. As a lover of anything vintage, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pop in for a coffee and a look around. I was so impressed - it really lived up to my expectations. I found the most amazing items that were not only reasonably priced, but in excellent condition. I am an avid sewer, and there were so many gorgeous notions - vintage buttons, belt buckles - even patterns! I even found a gorgeous Oroton bag that had never been used!

The coffee was great - and the view - wow. What a spectacular setting. As for the hosts, they were just as charming as the surroundings.

My friends told me I absolutely had to order the orange cake, but unfortunately they had sold out by the time I got there. Oh well - something to look forward to the next time I visit!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kelly m
Drysdale
“A little charmer!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a good idea - a combined antique shop and tea room. A brew while you browse, anyone? This charming shop is worth visiting just for its view across the bay, which is magnificent, regardless of the weather (we had sun and rain). However, it's also worth a visit because of the diverse collection of high-quality (but reasonably priced) antiques and curios, which owner Robert is happy to talk about. Finally, Felicity's is worth a visit because of the delightful tea, coffee, cakes, etc. (Oh, those etceteras!), served in bone china by Robert. We had our tea indoors, because the weather was too cool for sitting on the terrace as a previous reviewer did. However, we still enjoyed a view of the bay through the large windows. Robert clearly works hard to ensure that the shop sells only high-quality goods and high-quality teas and I can't recommend Felicity's highly enough.

• Visited April 2013
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled over this lovely hidden gem on our trip to Swansea and had such a lovely morning, that I had to add them to TripAdvisor just to share the joy!
Sitting on a cliff, the cafe is very tastefully decorated and enjoys a glorious view. The collection of antiques were great, and I had a lovely time perusing through it all.
The service is delightful - the owners obviously took a lot of care in putting this lovely place together, and are very warm.
As for the breakfast, we shared a great Salmon stack and I had a perfect cup of tea. You even get to choose a vintage tea set to use :)
If you enjoy old things and great food with a fabulous view, you can't go through Swansea without paying Felicity's a visit.

Hobart, Australia
“Million dollar view”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Perched on a cliff, a stone's throw from the nine miles of beach below, Felicity's Antiques, Vintage and Tea Room in Swansea commands a million dollar view of Great Oyster Bay and the pink granite mountains of Freycinet National Park. Any stress just slips away as you sit on the terrace sipping your coffee.........
If you can pull yourself away from that ever-changing view there's lots to explore inside: artfully displayed antiques and quality vintage items from buttons, clothes and silverware to furniture, glassware and china, throw up lots of surprise finds. Antiques are also bought and sold here.
Then there's the food of course! There's all day breakfast, light lunch, excellent coffee, tea and cakes. I had Robert's famous butter orange cake and cream! All is presented at your table in Victorian style china, including silver sugar cube tongs and doilies! I was even asked what my favourite colour was to match my cup and saucer!
The service is friendly and excellent with particular attention to presentation.
Set amongst landscaped gardens you can sit outside on the terrace or inside near the open fire.
A tearoom with character, it's a beautiful spot to take a break on your travels along the east coast of Tassie.

Visited March 2013