“OMG mouth watering....”

Salt Shaker Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Saltshaker Café and Restaurant we cater for breakfast/lunch and dinner dining in our restaurant ... .To compliment our offerings, enjoy your meal or drinks on the deck overlooking the bay towards Freycinet and The Hazards.On a calm sunny day, watch the fisherman launch and retrieve their boats - a popular and sometimes a very entertaining experience.On a full moon night, the reflections on the water are stunning.Both the Restaurant and Café are fully licensed so enjoy a selection from our beverage or wine list while you take in the view.If you're planning to enjoy our dining experience, be sure to reserve a table. we have now expanded our deck to take another level, offering seating outside for around 60 people. we also specialise in gourmet and regular pizza's open till late for take aways, or during meal times. If nothing else, be sure to do some "Decktime" at Saltshaker .... you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Never having eaten here before we were a little dubious that there were only 4 other people when we arrived for our romantic dinner for two. But my fears abated when we were greated with a big hello and a warm friendly smile. We had already checked out the menu online prior to booking, which is why we chose to eat here. And we WERENT disappointed.
Both my partner and I ordered an entree of bread with balsamic vinegar and butter.....delicious.

But our mouths dropped when the waitress brought our main meal.......Pork Belly with honey glazed carrots, brochilli, snow peas, a piece of vegetarian slice and a mushroom on top. OMG the pork was oh so melt-in-your-mouth, I have NEVER tasted anything like it. We decided to take a punt on desert and we werent disapointed with that either. My partner ordered Lemon pie with rasberry ice cream (I had a taste it and it was delicious), and I ordered marsbar cheese cake with rasberry ice cream.....what a delightful combination.

If we are ever driving that way again we will certainly dine there.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

They accept us while we were late all restaurants were closed.
The food was very good and the owner was very kind.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Most food here comes out of a packet of some sort and the smell of fat will hit you on walking in. That might all be ok if we weren't in the heart of eat seafood country and it also might be ok if the food was great but sadly it's pretty average.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

There's actually quite a range of restos in Swansea. My wife was on a seafood binge though, so it was here or the take-out up the road.

Salt Shaker turned out to be a happy choice, once we moved to a table at a distance distance from some local Foghorn Leghorn and his equally raucous sister.

She had a salad, I had salt-and-pepper octopus, both of which were generous and tasty. We both had - well, fish and chips, I guess - pink ling in a light tempura batter: delicious. Service is happy and very prompt

No hesitation in recommending recommend Salt Shaker.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We managed to get a table early which was just as well as it soon filled up. The food was very tasty and well presented and came so promptly we were impressed. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Can recommend the Asian beef and the kalamari.

2  Thank EstherS56