“Best, might be the only, breakfast place in town.”
Review of Onyx - CLOSED

Onyx
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Australian
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very friendly staff and helpful. After treating ourselves to gourmet dinners and decadent deserts, we needed something healthy to balance the poor old belly.

The homemade muesli was lovely and the yogurt, was puckka. Could have eaten a full tub of that! In fact, maybe you can increase the portion of the yogurt in future and help our poor bellies.

There are newer reviews for Onyx

Reviewed March 21, 2013

"Arty" decor, with a spacious feel to it. Good service and large traditional bacon and eggs. Coffee a bit too hot with that slightly overcooked taste, but not too bad. 7/10.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stopped here for coffee and cake on our way to Hobart and wished we'd gone somewhere else instead.
The coffee wasn't particularly nice and the hedgehog slice I had didn't have much flavour, but the worst thing was the attitude of the three girls behind the counter.
I don't know if they were having a tough day, but the politest of the three could be called aloof at best, the other two surly.
We had little interaction with these three but the elderly gentleman beside us who enquired as to where his order was (which they'd forgotten), got a grumbled apology to his face and glares from the trio as he went back to his table.
As we're not local I'm going this place the benefit of the doubt and awarding three stars but I wouldn't be back.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I can't remember the burger I had but it was sensational! The service was quick and friendly and my wife, who is partial to an iced coffee, loved the Onyx version. A high chair was provided and it was no problem for the waitress to heat up some baby food for us.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great little cafe, we shared a plate of nachos between the 2 of us for lunch. Staff were pleasant and food was tasty and well priced.