Strahan Village
  • Free Internet
West Coaster Motel(Queenstown)
Silver Hills Motel(Queenstown)
1,029 results
All reviewsbuffet dinnerhilltop roomhilltop executivegordon river cruisesplit levelharbour viewexecutive roomhill topwaterfront cottagesmain buildinggreat roomtwo nightsmini barhamers hotelfantastic viewsfish and chipsmacquarie harbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in the main building on the hill. The rooms where downstairs. It was sooooo cold, just like a dungeon. Will not stay again. Breakfast at 42 was ok but expensive. Service and staff friendly. Watch out if you walk the deck, you may get locked out. Its was a shame the steam train was not running.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location being near to the main harbour (we stayed in the old hotel up the hill, overlooking the harbour), however the rooms were a little tired. They seemed very 70s/80s with the pine cladding. The bedroom furniture also seemed a little worn out also.

The staff who we dealt with were fantastic and they sorted us out with a toaster - saved us some money with making breakfast.

The views from the hotel lobby were fab, as they were from the outside decking area. I imagine in the summer, this would be a great place to have a few drinks from. A bit cold in the winter to do that though!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Four of us stayed here and our rooms were upstairs in one of the older buildings, though we were overlooking the harbor. Rooms were very small and cramped especially the bathroom which could have done with an upgrade as the fixtures were old and needed replaced. The rooms were also cold and damp in the evenings and the heater supplied was very noisy.
They also charge $5.00/hr for Wi-Fi and do not guarantee that you will get it in your room.
Renovations and upgrades are required on these older rooms and we believe that the cottages are much nicer.
John and Morag Kerr.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John K
Reviewed June 14, 2013

After driving from Hobart to Queenstown for business, I found that I had to drive another hour to Strahan (at night, in June, in the rain and fog) to where I had a room booked for the night. I was tired and hungry when I checked into the hotel but the welcome was truly warm. This warmth also extended to the room - I was expecting that it would be cold, or at least cool, but it was very warm and comfortable. There was no need to turn on a heater to warm up the room. It may seem a simple thing but most places I have stayed at seem to want to save a bit of money by not Strahan Village.
We strolled down to the village and had a pleasant meal in the tavern. It was only a couple of hundred metres from the hotel (albeit downhill) and was a refreshing walk. I did not mind that the hotel's restaurant did not open for dinner during winter. The restaurant did open for breakfast and it provided a standard type of meal with adequate variety of options.
The room was functional without being showy. I was warm and comfortable, which meant that I slept well.
While I may not drive an hour out of the way to stay here again, I highly recommend it for anyone staying in Strahan and would gladly stay again if I return to Strahan.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

An absolutely fantastic place, we would really recommend if travelling to Tasmania to visit Strahan One of the best places to see. And the accommodation in at strahan village was just perfect. If you can book a cottage it is well worth it.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good , but if you can book a cottage as they are situated around the bay and I would suggest to view their deals as if you do the Gordon river cruise and wilderness rail with room it works out to be a very good deal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends