All reviews cheap accommodation room key bunk beds beautiful property walk into town stay there again quiet location on arrival strahan harbour guest laundry a bit tired fantastic views studio apartment great spot taped keys polyester
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Lovley A-frame cottages to stay in. Cosy and welcoming with gorgeous view and great amenities. Would recommend as an escape to a tranquil and welcoming area. Nice township. Happy to recommend as pricing is brilliant.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah R
Reviewed March 3, 2018

The room was the Garden view room at the lower rear of the two story block. The room had a generally musty smell and on closer inspection we found that neither pillow slip had been changed from the previous guests. The shower also did not appear to have been cleaned for some time, with the tiles quite badly stained. The receptionist had left and there was no mention in the information provided, of an after hours contact. Pretty poor. Picking up the key and finding the room was easy. Location is a bit of a way from the town, and is OK.

Room tip: You need to phone and talk to someone, the website is smarter than the accommodation
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank B3882ZSmichaelc
Reviewed February 24, 2018

As stated, this is a great value in a beautiful small town. The views from this location are wonderful. The room was more than sufficient for 3 adults - 1 queen and 2 bunk beds in a small separate space, which was perfect for us. The kitchenette was great since we were staying 2 days and were able to refrigerate a few things. As noted by other reviewers, reception is rarely open. We arrived very late due to the late ferry and a very long drive over from Devonport but called and left a message and was pleased to find our room key taped to the reception door. However, since I had booked the first night online and called ahead and added the second night I still needed to pay the balance. On our second day we were around most of the morning but I found a note on the office saying she was out and would return around 3. (reception hours are stated as 10-3) There were SEVEN room keys taped to the door! We had a booking for the river cruise in the afternoon so again we did not connect. I had to leave my credit card info on a paper and slip it under the door when we left.
I understand, as she has replied to other reviews, that as a small business she cannot be there 24/7, but arrangements should be made for the very short reception hours stated during check in times.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2018

Stayed her in February 2017, the location has to be the best in Strahan with views across the harbour.
The rooms although a little tired were comfortable and clean and well priced.
WiFi was almost non existent with the exception of the main office, although I was told they were looking at upgrading.
Although there is no restaurant, here its not far to a number of restaurants in the area which serve good food.

Room tip: Rooms in the older part near the office are larger and have queen beds and double bunks,
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I just needed a place to stay so I could join the river cruise the following morning. Room key was left out for me to collect on arrival (as it was after 4pm). The views from out back were very nice. The room was quite large with kitchen amenities. The property is in a quiet location. You can walk into town in 15-20 minutes and it is a pleasant walk if you enjoy walking. There is a guest laundry which was handy as I needed to do some. There was even a washing line to hang it out! Compared to other options in Strahan - this place is in the budget range and is good value for money if you are after a basic, clean and well located property.

Date of stay: January 2018