The managers were welcoming and helpful at the Franklin. They arranged our trip on the Gordon River World Heritage Cruise and recommended places to eat in Strahan. The guest house is a b&b and we were not expecting to eat there in the evening, although we had read that meals had been available in the past.
Breakfasts were simple but tasty. Our bedroom was very comfortable and of a good size. It is an easy walk from the Franklin to the town centre and there are plenty of places to eat. The closest is the Risby Cove which is just over the road. The guest house has private parking and the grounds are lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warmth and hospitality blends with contemporary elegance at Franklin Manor.This beautifully restored historic property, in the village of Strahan, sits at the edge of south-west Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness Area.At Franklin Manor, take a well-earned break in a standard queen room, or manor suite. Enjoy your breakfast in our dining room or on the porch overlooking the lush gardens.Immerse yourself in our island’s incomparable wilderness. Our staff can help you to choose an unforgettable Tasmanian experience, from a tranquil Gordon River cruise or scenic wilderness flight, to guided kayaking, bushwalking or four-wheel drive tours and the inspiring West Coast Wilderness Railway. You’ll return to the Manor comforts feeling invigorated and refreshed.After a day’s exploration, relax with a drink by the open fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Franklin Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Manor Hotel Strahan
- Franklin Manor Strahan, Tasmania