“Simply Delicious!!”

Hamers Hotel Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Strahan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rebuilt in 1936, Hamer's captures the old-world charm of this mining port turned fishing village, where the walls almost speak to you of bygone eras. Settle back by the open log fire with the locals for a local ale or select from a range of Tasmanian wines. The bistro offers steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta and daily seasonal specials. A comprehensive wine list is also available. Hamer's Hotel is open for lunch and dinner everyday of the year except Christmas Day.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We were seated very quickly & given our menus. Drinks arrived quickly & our orders were taken swiftly as well. I believe our meals arrived within 15-20 minutes, i didn't time it exactly but we certainly weren't left wondering or waiting. As we are RACT members, we received drink vouchers which we happily redeemed for a couple of glasses of wine.
The staff were great. Very friendly & helpful for anything we needed, & were great towards the kids too, as were the other patrons.
The meals were great. Very generous size. We both had the eye fillet steak, one with chips & gravy, the other with the smashed potato, which seemed to have sweet chilli sauce or something through it. I normally wouldn't like that, but it wasn't overbearing & I was pleasantly surprised by it. The kids meals come with a free ice cream sundae.
Overall, we were very happy with the meals. The prices were reasonable & the meal size was generous.
If I had to be picky, the only thing i would say is that we had to chase the waitress' for more drinks as there was no follow up, however i understand they are busy, and when we asked for them the drinks were there in a flash. We had a great experience here. Don't forget to use your Entertainment Book card here too for one free main meal when another is purchased!!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Visiting Strahan in winter limits your dining options a bit, but we were very happy with the food and service at Hamers. We both ordered steaks, and mine was cooked absolutely perfectly and melted in my mouth. My brother found his a little undercooked and tough, but still ate every bit of it. The smashed chat and peppercorn sauce was also delicious. Service was good and friendly, and the price was perfectly reasonable, as the food was good and portion sizes were big! We had garlic bread to start with, and a 2 person serve was huge! Definitely recommended.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wanted to have dinner at the Tavern but had no transport there so ate at Hamers, extremely good service, food and view over the harbour. Turned out a lovely evening.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Service was fantastic, although disappointed by the food. I ordered pumpkin cannelloni and it was inedible. My fiancé ordered a steak which he enjoyed. Generous sized meals, probably would go there again though

1  Thank Justvisiting23
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Ate here with my wife for dinner one of the nights we were in Strahan. The service was very good.

I ordered pie of the day which came with a generous side of salad and chips. The pie itself was nice and I enjoyed it although it was nothing special.

Overall the food was good, but not great. This is a good place to eat if you want something better than take away. You'll pay more, but will get better quality food. It would probably be quite enjoyable also to eat here during the summer when you can sit outside and look at the harbor across the street.