“Disappointing”
Review of Fish Cafe on The Wharf - CLOSED

Fish Cafe on The Wharf
Cuisines: Australian
Description: Not much info online about this restaurant but phone number seems to be -(03) 6471 4332
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I always expect good seafood in a fishing village but this was the worst piece of fish I've had in a while. Chips were great and the service was friendly.

2  Thank 3Ontheroadagain2010

Reviewed April 12, 2013

absolutely terrible food, fish wasn't cooked properley was still raw in the middle, scallops tasted like they were cooked from frozen very watery, prawns were not fresh and chips horrible. to add to the bad food it was served cardboard box instead of plate for dining in, definetley not worth anywhere what they charge.

4  Thank leeanne43
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We made the mistake of trying this takeaway found the service very rude and should have turned around and headed down the road it amazing how this still goes on in this day and age the fish n chips as per earlier reviews could find there way into tasmanians worse top ten and sit at number one with out trying to hard imported Asian fish fillets adds to the disappointment of the experience

1  Thank oscar c
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We ordered 2 grilled flathead fillets, chips and salad. Each flathead fillet was actually the size of a sardine (I am not kidding) and also badly cooked. The chips were soggy and what we received for 2 of us was less than one usual helping!
Some locals told us this place is only open from time to time which might explain why it was a complete rip off!!

2  Thank Marshyak
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Admittedly it was a busy night, but the food was terrible. No plates, just a cardboard box and plastic cutlery, but luckily they did provide tables and chairs. Local fish? I think not. I had grilled flathead, my husband blue-eye cod. mine was totally overcooked and inedible, but I shared the blue-eye cod. What a waste in such a wonderful position.

1  Thank Evelyn S