“Exhilarating”

Strahan Seaplanes and Helicopters
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My partner and I had the thrill of a helicopter flight piloted by 'Hoey'. We flew around Mt Jukes and over the densest rainforest areas. Hoey gave a running commentary of the area and its history. We followed an old railway line and flew down the King River Gorge before heading out around Macquarie Harbour and Hells Gates.
Hoey also took care to explain the helicopter and what he was doing. Great fun and quite a rush. Well worth the money.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was one of the best things we did in Tasmania, the flight was fantastic, Ben the pilot was awesome. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the area. Landing on the river was unreal. The scenery is spectacular and well worth the cost of the flight. It's a must do.

2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Our pilot Ben was very impressive. He was very personable. He had a great knowledge of the area but didn't overwhelm us with constant chatter. We weren't rushed. Especially when we landed at St John's Falls. Loved every minute of it. Forget the 5 hour cruise. You will see a lot more by seaplane.

2  Thank Mtrevorrow53
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife had surprised me with this flight just after getting off the World Heritage Cruise and we left on the flight at around 5pm. I can't begin to say how good it was to fly over the areas we had just see by boat. The crew were fantastic and the flight was the highlight of my trip. The highest of recommendations for this.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had great experience with confident knowledgable pilot (Ben) . Take off from beautiful Gordon river amazing, views of Hells Gates , Macquarie Harbour and the Gordon my highlight. Top memories of Tassie