“Food Good - Atmosphere and Decor lacking”
Review of Risby Cove

Risby Cove
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Strahan
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The food was good (not excellent) however we felt it over priced for the restaurant's decor and layout. Children running around (a teenagers birthday in progress) certainly was not a quiet intimate evening like we had had the previous evening at Franklin Manor.
Room was cold, I nearly asked for the heating to be turned up, but then my soup arrived which warmed me up some.
Cheap and nasty building (cheaply built by the looks of it). Cheap cutlery and crockery. Nothing special about the decor. Service was excellent, the waitress was very obliging. Decor would better suit a Fish and Chip shop Im sorry. Food and service was better suited to a different decor.

1  Thank Wendy E

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My partner and I stayed at Risby Cove on Sunday night. We had dinner at the restaurant on Sunday night and it was delicious from beginning to end. We were impressed with the meal presentation and the waitress was professional & helpful. She even organised for us to take the dessert back to our room. Next visit to Strahan will definitely include returning to the Risby Cove Restaurant.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I travel extensively with my work and are an avid TripAdvisor reader. This however is my first post as a I could not let a previous comment stand without adding my view.
In Strahan I dine at Risby Cove as often as I can. The chef's reductions and flavours are exquisite and few leading restaurants in Melbourne & Sydney could match this standard.
Last week I had the lamb shank, the tender meat infused with herbs and vegetable stock had me salivating to the last bite. The chef's use of local native herbs and spices throughout his menu gives this restaurant a unique character.
This has to be the best restaurant in Tasmania and maybe one of Australia's undiscovered secrets. A food/dining experience not to be missed.

3  Thank travelfoodie7
Reviewed July 3, 2011

What a wonderful evening I had a Risby Cove. My partner and I were lucky enough to dine when the chef Dave decided to test his new dessert menu - what a fantastic Cherry Cheesecake! You must order it - YUM!!
The staff were so lovely and friendly, Rhi is a absolute credit to the company.
Had a wonderful time and after reading the previous comment I think the gentleman accidently typed in the wrong restaurant for his review.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

The place was not to busy, it was nice been by the water but the service and food was at a very low standered. Expect more since there where not many dinners at all.

2  Thank Jaso082