All reviews big tv large kitchen bedroom cottage self contained accommodation heat pump comfortable accommodation gordon river queen bed pam units reception town cruise wifi supermarket roomy laundry
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Friendly welcoming staff. Clean neat self contained accommodation. Surrounding areas and activities are beautiful and well worth the visit. Town has the facilities you need. Small but nice and friendly

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2018

We found the Marsden Court motel very clean, spacious and very welcoming. What really surprised us that it was wheelchair friendly. The bathroom was spacious and roomy with a shower stool for disabled clients (we're an older couple fully mobile). It was great to have a bathroom that you didn't knock your elbows every time you turned around (they do exist!!) My husband and I were on a self-drive trip around Tasmania with a variety of quality of accommodation We also had a full kitchen which was refreshing - around Australia it can be hit and miss with this..

Room tip: I have no tips as sometimes when you think you have booked the right place on-line you can often find yourself disappointed.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here quite a few times now and it’s always one of my favourites. Great, friendly service, clean and comfortable. Went on the river cruise which was spectacular, then made the most of the big tv and wifi of a night.
Can’t recommend this place enough, will be back again!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2018

So arrived at 2pm note on door to say reception not open until 2pm. Other guests arrived and one rang the number on door. The receptionist arrived and said they were very busy. I was served and told my room was not ready, the other guests were given their keys. I found out the other guests were staying one night only we were there for two.
Anyway I asked to drop our bags off and use the toilet as we had travelled from Hobart and were booked on the 3pm cruise of the Gordon River. She said no to going to the room as they would have to reclean it and said we could use the laundry. So we got the key and left.
On returning to our room around 7.30pm we found the room clean but the style outdated and the bathroom clean but not upto standard. Having a the shower curtain flooded the room, and the front door let so much light in we were woken very early. The bed was extermely hard and the pillows were the same.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

We were very unimpressed with this accomodation in Strahan. This is the worst accommodation that we had experienced throughout our trip around Tasmania. The cabins are very outdated, tired and dingy in need of an urgent update. Everything from the carpet, curtains, bathroom, shower curtain, kitchen, wardrobes and lounge look worn out and from the seventies. The place is kept clean by staff but the ambience is very uninviting. The standard of this accommodation is of a cheap motel/ caravan park.

Date of stay: December 2017