“Eat here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanleys On The Bay - CLOSED

Stanleys On The Bay
Cuisines: Australian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Aust
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Superior meal, super friendly staff. Great food and wine list at reasonable prices. Desserts to die for, especially the home made ice cream and panna cotta! Must eat the chowder!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank PJW4

Melbourne, Australia
“You won't be disappointed with this fine establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I recommend to book ahead for this place. We were only in Stanley for two nights and tried to book the first night but missed out. I booked the second night. My wife and I were both satisfied with the quality and quantity of food. Our waiter was engaging and professional as well as very efficient. I am only sorry that I was not able to go back for another choice on the menu

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“What an amazing restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wow! The best meal of my life!! My husband and I had heard about this restaurant so decided to check it out for ourselves. We ordered the homemade bread and oysters for entree. The bread came with balsamic vinegar from Italy, olive oil and butter. It was so good, I ate it all myself! My husbands oysters were fresh and tasty. For main we ordered steak and fish. My steak was tender, cooked exactly to my liking and was topped with a homemade 'pinot, noir jus.' The fish was fresh and came served with steamed vegetables. Our compliments to the chef!

We eat out a lot in Melbourne and the level of service at 'Stanley's on the Bay' was of an extremely high quality. The waiter (who I believe owns the restaurant) was friendly and helped us choose a bottle of Tasmanian wine to match our meal.

We really enjoyed our time in Stanley (stayed at Stanley Village which was also amazing!) We will be back!!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sheppz11
“Lovely dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We splurged and had the seafood platter for two for $100, which turned out to be good value and interesting. It was like a tasting platter of most things marine on the menu, plus more. We also had a bottle of the Jantz champagne, which also proved to be a good choice. Gotta love a restaurant in an historic building right on the seafront which has high windows. To get the view, instead of lowering the windows, they built tall tables and chairs!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Joanne T
dbester, Owner at Stanleys On The Bay, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback Joanne, it was certainly a pleasure having you.

It is our aim to ensure all who walk through our door have a great and memorable evening, so it’s great when you receive feedback like this.

Stanley Village Management
Calgary
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately our experience here was not very good. We were recommended this place and were told it had lots of great seafood and excellent service. We did not have either. We decided to have an early dinner so we arrived about 6 to a near empty restaurant. Once seated we were told we needed to order because once other people get in it will be a long time before we get our food. So we ordered two bottles of wine and quickly ordered food from the weak menu. The food came almost instantly it seemed, and no one left feeling satisfied. I had the salmon wrapped scallops on a salad and was very disappointed. The seafood selection was not very good. We felt very rushed although the restaurant never even did fill up. If we wanted casual pub dining we would have went elsewhere. Overpriced and bad service for how it's represented. Disappointing.

Visited January 2014