“Superb little restaurant with big attitude.”
Review of Stanleys On The Bay - CLOSED

Stanleys On The Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved everything about this place. Location, ambience, service and food! A must see is the size of the seafood platter for two.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel to Smithton with work serveral times a year, and always ensure that I stay in Stanley, and my favorite place to dine is Stanleys on the bay.

The service is always friendly and professional, and I find the decor perfect for the setting.
Orders come out quickly and presentation is perfect, with fair size serve.
The food is excellent, fresh, tasty and cooked perfectly, personal favorite is the slow cooked Beef cheeks, they come on a creamy mash and bundle of fresh green beans.

Already I look forward to my next visit (I was only there 15 minutes ago!)

1  Thank MelbourneSS
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Full of somewhat cheesy nautical bric a bra but is beside the fishing port so why not.
Fair prices,good service,impressive selection of dishes.
Very satisfactory dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food - I like to try more than one thing so had two entrees - had the taste platter and was not overwhelmed by size - just perfect - loved the honey chilli octopus. Followed with scallops wrapped in salmon in a beer batter and a curry mayonnaise on a salad - very generous size and amazing flavours. Presentation was excellent. Unfortunately no room for dessert. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our whole night was ordinary. From the moment I asked if I could order chicken less the parmesan cheese and was rudely asked 'why, don't you like parmesan cheese' - I'm allergic to dairy. No help given at all to find something on the menu that I could safely eat. Both my husband and I voted our meals only okay. Service was nothing special. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, there are far better places to eat in Stanley

1  Thank Stanfam72