“Warm hearty food”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Closed for Winter
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband needed his daily pie dose - so we stopped off for an early lunch before tackling the Nut.
My pumpkin soup was lovely & served in a cob loaf bowl, and my coffee was yummy. The strawberry milkshake was a hit with the 3 year old, and a simple toasted sandwich made a good lunch for her. And my husband had the scallop mornay pie which he was pretty impressed with.
This was all topped off with very generous ice-cream cones.
The service was very friendly and charming, just what you want from a country cafe.

1  Thank canalwaysdream
There are newer reviews for Swingin' Anchor Cafe

Reviewed January 24, 2014

A friendly welcome awaits you at this lovely cafe and ice cream shop. We had good coffee, generous portions of ice cream and wonderful seafood pie. They actually advertise their scallop pies but we enjoyed the seafood ones more. We also had the orange carrot cake - best ever!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went here twice as my son really liked their toasted sandwiches, and the staff were very helpful on both occasions.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Although this cafe is no where near the best internationally, for this little seaside town, it is unique and has a charming quality about it. The staff really tried their hardest to be quick but it seemed it took a while to get served. We didn't mind, but heard others complaining. Not one to go to if you are in a rush. There is little else in terms of food in this town, many of the other cafés had for sale signs in their windows, so I would definitely recommend this one.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The pie was cold in parts when it finally did come out, The cost of 2 pies and 2 milkshakes was $32.00 we were travelling with a evergreen bus tour I started vomiting on the bus and ended up with food poisoning and have been sick for 7 days and counting I had a motion sample and its a bug from ill prepared food I want your staff to realise what they do in not heating up and handling food properly as I was on a trip it ruined my experience of Tasmania

5  Thank Joan B