“Pleasantly surprised with good pub style food”
Review of Bay Bar & Bistro

Bay Bar & Bistro
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in St Helens
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Disappointed that our first choice of the indian restaurant was closed we settled for the bistro out of convenience. With very low expectations we were pleasantly surprised. The decor was typically uninteresting but nice view outside and pleasant atmosphere. It's a typical order at the counter and go back to collect when your buzzer goes off. My husband and I ordered the $15 porterhouse steak special and were really happy with how good it was. Cooked exactly as ordered, lovely chargrilled flavour on the outside, appropriate serve of nice fries and great serve of nice vegetables. Miss 6 ate all of her very simple mini pizza and some of the big serve of fries. We were a very full and content family.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Good place for a decently priced meal that's really delicious. Had to wait in line awhile but I think the lady was new and was having trouble with the computer system.
After ordering, the meal came quite quickly. Had the chicken breast with garlic sauce which was excellent. Enjoyed our night out.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

It's a pub, so it's not fancy by any means but the pasta I had with prawns and scallops was spot on and the nachos had by the kids also. Overall, it was better food than the expensive place we at at the resort/hotel complex

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a very nice meal at this Bistro. My partner ordered the roast of the day and had tender lamb on top of a wonderful selection of steamed vegetables along with the usual roast potato and pumpkin. Really unusual to get such lovely veges and much appreciated!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had dinner here with my two kids. Average pub style meals. My daughter had pizza and chips kids meal. The pizza was one of those small frozen jobs - they couldn't be bothered to make one! My son had chicken schnitzel and chips which were fine and I had Mexican chicken parmi which was fine. I wouldn't go here again.