“Another fine example of Tasmanian hospitality”

Tidal Waters Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St Helens
Reviewed August 12, 2010

From our arrival til the time we left, we were looked after all the way. The Lady at reception (feel bad for not remembering her name) assisted at every move from the placing of a cheese platter and champaigne to breakfast in the morning. Everything went well. The evening meal was good and filled the spot and the staff of the evening were keen to assist. All in all a very pleasant stop over.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tidal Waters Resort

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stayed at Tidal Waters for 2 nights over easter. They accommodated us straight away in a standard room overlooking carpark although there was hardly anybody around.
Good spot for getting around town as it is very close. Room was generous but had noisy fan in bathroom, no air con, and paper thin walls. Pub is about 3 mins walk with good food and Trimboli's Italian had good food and prices.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We found this " resort" to be vastly overpriced. Rooms very basic. Although mini-bar advertised in publicity material- this did not exist. No air-conditioning, bathroom exhaust fan extremely noisy (and not separately switched).
The bar was not staffed- except by the person on reception who seemed to be "the jack of all trades".
The restaurant however we found to be above average. Good food, friendly staff and good service.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ozzie52
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Any "resort" that pertains to be 41/2 stars should provide certain minimums in order to keep their rating. Tidal Waters seems to run on a skeleton staff that means there does not seem to be anybody around when you need them. The staff who work there are great just not enough of them. When we arrived for checkin at 2pm we were told our room was not available till 4pm, we were directed towards the empty restaurant and told to get a coffee or whatever, no complimentary drinks offered here!!
This resort is vastly overpriced for what it offers, however, it is in a brilliant location and I guess they charge accordingly. Pity, the St. Helens district is one of the most stunning in Tasmania.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lowcarbon
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Firstly I decided to write a review for this resort as I felt they needed a little defending when it came to past reviews on Trip Advisor as my experience was quite good.
I booked my wedding at the resort early last year and was very excited to be able to have the ceremomy at the beautiful beach near by 'Cosy Corner-Bay of Fires'.
To be honest the whole experience was not smooth sailing as the resort went through a staff change and wedding package change, but any problems were quickly sorted out by the function co-ordinator, Matt. The change in wedding package did make the prices go up but they were happy to compromise!
I wanted the function room set up to go on the Friday morning before the wedding, which they were happy to do, so I could get straight in there and start decorating.
The room looked beautiful when set up, but I did hire chair covers as I didn't like their chairs! The evening ran smoothly and were a little slow at their service (there were only 2 ladies on and were working so hard) but was still fine.
The accomodation was great, we were upstairs in room 60, and had beautiful views. I found the room to be very spacious and good amenities. I guess from the other reviews I wasn't expecting to much but the bed was comfortable, the room temp was good and there was a fridge aswell. We didn't use the spa as it was only your typical corner spa bath. I also liked that there was no charge for the Dvd hire and we had a nice evening in after the wedding with a movie and pizza from the place on the main Rd, can't remember the name but very yummy and good service.
The breakfast was nice but as mentioned in the past reviews they need more than one chef as they did tend to be slow refilling ythe hot breakfast items, but I found if u went early this didn't happen.
The staff we all very friendly and I didn't see any guests arguing with management as mentioned in past reviews.
Overall we had a great time and are already looking forward to going back for our wedding Anniversary next year.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank Chloe_buddy
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My cousin and I have been travelling round australia and tasmania, we have stayed in some wonderfull guesthouse, bed and breakfasts, hotels , cottages and appartments, for the last month, then we were recommended Tidal Waters resort by the tourist information at St Helens, the lady there said ' you wont be dissapointed' we were horrified. It was grim. dead flower petals on the table in reception, the place looked nothing like the glossy brochure, which has 'indulge 'all over the beautifull cover . It was soul less and had no atmosphere, huge empty areas with a mish mash of odd furniture, and old fashioned ugly decor. The potential was there for a nice hotel with the outlook, we were the only 2 sat on the huge soul less decking,
having a stiff gin and tonic to recover from the shock, the room was so depressing, where were the landscaped garden we read about? a few bushes, lots of weeds and a view of the carpark.I was told by the waiter at the bar that the chef was an angry man........I asked if it was possible to have a seafood platter as it was renowned for its seafood? we had that last week was the strange reply I got. so we went to bed hungry as nothing appealed on the menu. A lick of paint in some lovelly seaside colours, blues, green and white to compliment the location would help for a starter. But the rest of it....well... my cousin said it looked like it was about to go into receivership.... we left at 6 a.m. as we could not wait to get out of the place,
Had we seen other comments from trip advisor WE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE, ITS THE WORST PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank flowersDerbyshire
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Went to St Helens looking for a relaxing holiday, what I found was an overpriced motel masquerading as a resort.
1. Did not want to hear the occupants downstairs snoring.
2. Did not want to hear the neighbors talking.
3. No air conditioning in the rooms or restaurant.
4. Dined in the restaurant once, not again
5. Manageress was abysmal, back-chatted customers who complained and I actually saw her run a trolley into guests. No prior 'excuse me' or 'can I get through'.
Shocking value for this overpriced motel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 10 in St Helens
Bed in the Treetops B&B
Bed in the Treetops B&B
#2 of 5 in St Helens

Been to Tidal Waters Resort? Share your experiences!