“A lovely stay.”

BIG4 St Helens Holiday Park
Melbourne
“A lovely stay.”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have stayed here for years and it keeps getting better, the camp kitchen is the best I have seen also very modern amenities. The Billy Lids "Kids" love the free kids club through January and never get sick of the jumping pillow. We just got back from Big4 St Helens and it has new managers Tim & Vicki who are just lovely, full of local knowledge and could not do enough to help us enjoy our break.

A great place for Christmas and the winter deals make for a great mid year break.
We also love the family of native hens.
Keep up the good work guys and we will keep coming!

Room Tip: Just ask Vicki or Lyndell they will sort you out.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 19, 2011

What a beautiful place to stay. The staff couldn't be more helpful they went to extremes to make our stay comfortable. Best caravan park in Australia

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Tootsinator
Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I recently stayed at the Big 4 caravan park in St Helens. This park has got to be one of the best parks I've stayed in! It's clean, the staff are friendly and very accommodating and it's the perfect base for exploring beautiful Binnalong Bay and The Bay Of Fires area. Also, their camp kitchen is one of the biggest and best I've seen - and there's a coffee machine with freshly ground beans! Give it a go when you're in the area.

2 Thank TMK88
New Gisborne, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We camped and had an en-suite site which made our stay a lot better, camp kitchen was great , park looked well maintained, seemed a lot of Annuals there. Negatives were that Internet did not work , I put money in the only machine there but it was so old and letters were missing from the keyboard. Games room is a bit outdated. Park is a decent walk to beach areas and quite a steep hill coming back home. We had bad weather and had to pack up early, one or two nights there would be sufficient I think.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher G
Ararat, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Just arrived at Big4 caravan park in St. Helens. Phoned in advance to book camping for 10 people. Because we didn't need powered sites, I was told that there are "acres" of space and that we don't need to worry about booking or anything else. Arriving here was told that I had to rent a site for EACH car that we have (we had three on account of two very small children of my daughter) although the camp wasn't full and we all camped close together. The third car was allowed with extreme difficulty just to unload it as I wasn't prepared to pay more than $30 per night just to park the car inside. No amount of reasoning could convince the staff to allow my daughter's car in (the other cars had all the camping equipment on board) and so they had to park outside and walk in with two small children. Did I mention that children from two years old pay the same as teenagers and that the park is FAR from town and not by any means within walking distance!!! What a lousy end to a wonderful Tasmania holiday. December 2010.

• Stayed December 2010
4 Thank Pwop
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Unfotunately only had one night to spend in St Helens, but very happy that we chose to stay at BIG4 St Helens Holiday Park. This park is immaculate, staff very friendly and could not do enough to make sure we had a great stay. A cosy winters night spent in front of the log fire in the camp kitchen with a lovely bottle of local wine and local cheeses was a great way to spend the evening. We had earlier had take away fish and chips from the Paddle Wheeler boat down at the wharf, they were also fantastic. Our villa unit had everything we could have wanted. Oh, if only we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We are staying in a variety of places on a three month trip and I was very sceptical about caravan parks but my significant other insisted and so prior to staying here we had a couple of nights at Triabunna Caravan Park. We enjoyed ourselves and on the strength of this we booked the St Helens Big 4 Park. Won't be going back - too expensive, could only get a double bed (not a QS), curtains that keep out zero light. If you only want to stay one night then you'll find better accommodation for the price and you won't have to put up with lots of "don't do this" and "make sure you check out by 10am at the latest" signage.
It was clean and had good facilities for kids.
As I drove out through the maximum security gate I smiled because I knew I wouldn't have to do it again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
#4 of 10 in St Helens
Homelea Accommodation
Homelea Accommodation
#3 of 10 in St Helens

Been to BIG4 St Helens Holiday Park? Share your experiences!