All reviewsbottle shopbeautiful timbertennis courtsswimming pooloverlooking the lakebusiness triplakeside apartmentwine listgood sizea great place to staybuffet breakfastgreat facilitiesbit datedno air conditioningonly stayed one nightarthur riverstayed longer
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have wanted to stay here for a few years now, but was always after a bargain and could never seem to get one. So finally I get what I thought was a decent price through hotel club and booked in for 2 nights. On arrival the receptionist seemed uninterested in dealing with me and basically said here's your key. Thr room was a decent size, but the bathroom left alot to be desired. Then there were the bugs, little black insects everywhere! I don't think the room had been used in a while, the bugs were dead, but everywhere, on the floor in the bathroom, bedside tables, the floor in the bathroom, the window sill. It was awful. I called receptin, the girl said they wold get someone over to clean up. They never showed up. On the first morning I got woken up at 6am with a bus running idol outside my room, this went fror 45 minutes. Finally I thought I culd go back to sleep, then it started again at 7am till 7.30am when the bus left. That afternoon yet another tour bus arrived and parked outside my room. I went to the rection to see if in the morning it could warm up it's engine somewhere else, like in the car park, I mean this is a huge property. The girl said no I can't do anything about it. As for the restaurant, I went to eat on my 2nd night, I went at 6pm when it opened, they said unless I could be out by 6.30pm I couln't get a table because it was booked out by the bus tours. Also the walls are that thin you can hear everything in the room next door and the sound of the plumbing in the walls is extremely loud. So to sum up my experience here, unless you are on a bus tour, keep away because they don't treat other guests well. Next time I will stay in Stanley again, only 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Holidayprincess74
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Rooms are OK, can be noisy, restaurant average but feels like a gaming parlour. Breakfast atrocious. Bus tours prevalent and seem to take precedence over other customers. But worst was the attitude of the receptionist who was downright rude to a number of customers and seemed to think it important to take phone calls while dealing with face to face customers, even with a long queue of people waiting. If you want to stay in this area go to Stanley.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The grounds are lovely with ducks, creek, lake and beautiful trees.Had a good size room, with very comfortable king bed. Reception and Cleaning staff very nice and so were most of the waiters, waitresses except for one or two. Food was a bit inconsistent....either very good, or just lacking. However, the woman in charge of functions left a lot to be desired with her attitude to some guests in our party at dinner one night . Also, never saw her smile in the 4 nights we were there. I would return, but just avoid this woman!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We stayed at Tall Timbers in Smithton three nights and had a lovely time. Smithton was ideal base to tour around the north west of tassie.

With two teen age kids we stayed in one of the two bedroom, lakeside units, big, contempary, new and very comfortable.

Tall Timbers is very well set out and covers a range of accommodation from motel units to what we stayed in. It had a bottleshop, bar, bistro, it has a great heated indoor pool and gym, all of which we used. Our unit had a kitchenette and the town has a good supermarket so we cooked as well, mainly breakfasts.

A top spot to stay while seeing the North West.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Friendly staff, clean rooms.
Dinner menu has superb. Breakfast choices were slightly limited.
Must take the tour to the Edge of the World - it includes a gourmet picnic lunch with local wine and cheese. [Getting the 4-wheel drive bogged in the sand added to our adventure :-)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family