“THEY HAVE PICKED THER ACT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tall Timbers Tasmania

Tall Timbers Tasmania
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Smithton
Wingham, Australia
“THEY HAVE PICKED THER ACT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Stayed in Lakeside Apartment early in March for 2 nights the apartment was extremely well equipped actually 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom you only use 1 of each lovely balcony overlooking lake We chose to dine in Kauri Restaurant the first night we were asked at reception at check in that they would book our table for us as they would be very busy when we arrived at restaurant we were immediately shown to our table there were 2 tourist coaches in so restaurant was full the table service was very prompt our meals delivered promptly the quality of our meals extremely good the bar service and prices are rxtremely good $4 for pint of draught beer was unbelievable after this wonderful experience we decided to dine there again the second night this time we were joined in the restaurant by about 50 motor cycle tourists and again the service was above and beyond especially the bar waitress we actually remembered our drinks from the previous night after reading the previous reviews we were very wary but found none of the previous comments applied to our stay from check in to check out and dining we were treated well and politely all I can say is that they have picked up there act and it is worth the little extra to stay in one of ther beautiful apartments

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GigiandPa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Aberdeen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

We had a beautiful lakeside apartment, which was extremely well apointed and a pleasure to stay in. It was cleaned daily. The site also has a lot of motel units, and a bottle shop. The main downside was the restaurant, the food was very poor and completely uninspiring, more like bad school food. Our stay would have been improved by a good chef serving sensitively cooked local produce. Also, Tall Timbers runs 4WD trips into the local countryside, but it is necessary to book well in advance. Some staff were not particularly helpful, although others were welcoming.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank norrie_Aberdeen
Tasmania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

We (2adults+2teens) stayed in a 2br unit (no 60) overlooking a large pond, which had lots of ducks in it and had birds and rabbits on the riverbank. It was quiet and very pretty. There was a balcony which would be ideal when the weather is good. The unit was roomy, clean and tidy, had tv/DVD, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. No oven, only a microwave and a
cooktop. The accommodation gets full thumbs up from us- but... The restaurant left us feeling disappointed. There were 31 other people in for dinner, there was only 7 dockets up for the chefs but it took nearly an hour for the food to come out. My vegetables were almost flavorless, and tasted like they came out of cans. Would love to see some great local flavors and fresh produce, it would make a big difference. Other onsite facilities:gym, indoor pool with spa, tennis court, bottleshop. Wifi available if you pay.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank TasMum
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Worst food and service that I can remember. As a commercial traveller I have had the opportunity to stay in hundreds of different forms of accommodation and dine in many restaurants.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Getmoosed
West Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have wanted to stay here for a few years now, but was always after a bargain and could never seem to get one. So finally I get what I thought was a decent price through hotel club and booked in for 2 nights. On arrival the receptionist seemed uninterested in dealing with me and basically said here's your key. Thr room was a decent size, but the bathroom left alot to be desired. Then there were the bugs, little black insects everywhere! I don't think the room had been used in a while, the bugs were dead, but everywhere, on the floor in the bathroom, bedside tables, the floor in the bathroom, the window sill. It was awful. I called receptin, the girl said they wold get someone over to clean up. They never showed up. On the first morning I got woken up at 6am with a bus running idol outside my room, this went fror 45 minutes. Finally I thought I culd go back to sleep, then it started again at 7am till 7.30am when the bus left. That afternoon yet another tour bus arrived and parked outside my room. I went to the rection to see if in the morning it could warm up it's engine somewhere else, like in the car park, I mean this is a huge property. The girl said no I can't do anything about it. As for the restaurant, I went to eat on my 2nd night, I went at 6pm when it opened, they said unless I could be out by 6.30pm I couln't get a table because it was booked out by the bus tours. Also the walls are that thin you can hear everything in the room next door and the sound of the plumbing in the walls is extremely loud. So to sum up my experience here, unless you are on a bus tour, keep away because they don't treat other guests well. Next time I will stay in Stanley again, only 15 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Holidayprincess74
ACT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

Rooms are OK, can be noisy, restaurant average but feels like a gaming parlour. Breakfast atrocious. Bus tours prevalent and seem to take precedence over other customers. But worst was the attitude of the receptionist who was downright rude to a number of customers and seemed to think it important to take phone calls while dealing with face to face customers, even with a long queue of people waiting. If you want to stay in this area go to Stanley.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

The grounds are lovely with ducks, creek, lake and beautiful trees.Had a good size room, with very comfortable king bed. Reception and Cleaning staff very nice and so were most of the waiters, waitresses except for one or two. Food was a bit inconsistent....either very good, or just lacking. However, the woman in charge of functions left a lot to be desired with her attitude to some guests in our party at dinner one night . Also, never saw her smile in the 4 nights we were there. I would return, but just avoid this woman!

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithton
Stanley Hotel
#3 of 3 in Smithton
The Ark Stanley
The Ark Stanley
#1 of 7 in Stanley

Been to Tall Timbers Tasmania? Share your experiences!