“Looking forward to another stay”
Review of Willow Lodge

and 1 more site!
Willow Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Scottsdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Willow Lodge within the last couple of days when my partner had organised the stay as a surprise night away.

We had stayed in the lovely garden view room. It was a reasonable size room, clean with a very comfortable bed and wonderful furnishings and two very comfortable armchairs. This room doesn't have a fire but the heater was fine once it was going to keep the room warm. TV and DVD player were found to be easy to use. There is an large ensuite with the room and the towels were large and luxurious. Savoury nibbles were available in the room and later a small plate of biscuits were delivered.

Dinner is available with a choice of one, two or three courses at a reasonable price, however, we chose to go for for a meal. Breakfast was included in the cost and was quite plentiful. Cereal, fresh fruit, toast, plus eggs, bacon, sausage, mushroom, tomato and spinach.

The historic home is an ongoing work in progress...the guest rooms and dining room have been completed, however, the work in progress is quiet work and didn't distract from our comfort whatsoever, neither did the evidence of the work in progress.

I read the previous reviews prior to writing this, and I was surprised to read the review written by Dennis. One of the hosts did assist in serving breakfast in his dressing gown and we had thought nothing of it. I would imagine if we were to stay more than a night, that we would have felt comfortable enough not to feel that we need to be showered and dressed for breakfast, and would have appeared in our dressing gowns too.

We will be back and next time we'll be booking the Mountain view room and we will definitely be staying in for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2shea

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Found this little place on tripadvisor and it came with some good reviews. Now I am certainly happy with the apparent willingness of the owners to be of service, and I don't mean to be politically incorrected, but being called 'darling' by another male, made me feel a little uncomfortable. The accommodation itself is clean and relatively tidy, but could really do with a little bit more TLC to bring it up to standard. Mind you, comparatively to other b&b's, it is well priced. I had a little trouble getting the owners to actually get the TV to work and ended up doing it myself, and having paid just a little extra to have the fireplace suite, was a little frustrated at the effort made to get the fireplace going for us on the second night, ended up having to sort that out myself too. The garden has plenty of potential too, but while we where there, needed some "catch up" work done to prepare it for spring. There was a bit of clutter that was readily visible as we exited our room, they really should have made a bit more of an effort to keep this area more discreet. also felt somewhat uncomfortable being served breakfast by our hosts while still in their dressing gowns. Bathroom was tiny and could do with an upgrade too. Lots of little things that needed attention. However, the bed was super comfortable! This place has potential, but at the moment, could do with a little work though.

Room Tip: Fireplace suite is worth the little extra as it has much more room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We were instantly greeted by Dean, one of the hosts, on our arrival. So warm & friendly. He showed us to our room & we meet Ross on the way. Such a friendly welcoming couple. Our room was Devine, the bed was super comfortable, the bathroom is in the room along with a sitting room with a big warm welcoming fire burning. There was a tv in our sitting room & 2 chairs to snuggle into by the fire. We instantly felt at home. Cosy & warm. Breakfast was a beautiful feast of cereal & a cooked meal. Ross & Dean were so friendly, & provided fantastic service. I would love to go back again & see how their plans to renovate come together.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Emskiboom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ross and Dean are superb hosts, and even if they didn't have a gorgeous house, I would recommend a visit just to experience their hospitality. However their B&B is absolutely lovely, and you should visit! They are also fantastic cooks, so make sure you book in for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rjt33
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Welcome hosts, cosy bedroom, large bathroom and scrumptious breakfast.
Did I mention the garden? Wow - I can only imagine what it looks like in spring; it was pretty enough in autumn. Highly recommend this stay.

Room Tip: There are two ways to get here via the Launceston area - I went both ways. The trek through the rain...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fradus
Reviewed April 29, 2013

On my weekend trip up North of Tasmania, I stayed two nights in the Willow Lodge in Scottsdale. First night I arrived and I checked into room 3 the fire place suite! Stunning room with two cosy fire places. A room you don't wanna leave anymore. However the two gentlemen also made a big fire out in the patio where you can see the full moon rising in the middle of thousand stars. You keep your breath and there is nothing but silence...a glas of wine (BYO) and a crackling fire in the the background. Fantastic!
Next day a wonderful breakfast with all you need to start a good day! In the evening then I also booked some dinner. Again a fireplace running in the dinning room with look out to the garden.
Dinner was great and cooked with a lot of passion. Not what you normally can expect in a B&B. Finished off with a dessert from their own garden berries.
A fantastic experience it was! Thanks again for being such a great host and make me feel very welcomed in your Lodge!

Room Tip: If you like a fire place, room 3 is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here whilst on a cycle tour of Tasmania. Such a beautiful place set among gorgeous gardens. Our room was huge and beautifully decorated and we were treated to a amazing dinner and breakfast by our fabulous hosts. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013