Stayed here for work for one night. Probably once, many years ago, this hotel was a jewel of the Tasmanian East Coast. Now, it is a bit tired, a bit old, in need of some TLC. I stayed in a refurbished room which was nice, but a bit small. But the view was fabulous. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. It is a 5 min walk to the beach across the road. The tired exterior and interior is made up for by the staff and great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel motel is positioned on Tasmania's mild, sunny east coast within easy access of beautiful sandy beaches. Relax on your own balcony or enjoy a swim in our pool; sit in our gardens with a good book or discover native wildlife in close-by nature reserves. Daily meals of lunch and dinner are available from our family bistro and bar. Our Ocean View and River View rooms provide spectacular panoramic views from private balconies of the ocean and Scamander River. Our garden rooms open onto a secure children's play area and gardens, ideal for relaxing while watching the children play. Off-street parking and a guest laundry are also on site. We have a well stocked bottle-shop, Keno & UBET, available in both the Beach Bistro and Sand Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Scamander Beach Hotel Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scamander Beach Hotel Scamander
- Best Western Scamander
- Scamander Best Western
- Scamander Beach Hotel Motel Tasmania