My first impression on arrival to the car park was "oh no, what have we done". When exiting the lift on the way to our room we were confronted with dirty windows, dust, cobwebs and spiders. After a quick once over of the dirty walls and stained furnishings I quickly checked to make sure they sheets were clean.
The pool, while looking inviting, is cold (not perfect for Tasmanian weather) and is over looked by the dining room and what seemed to be the local pub.
The food however was FANTASTIC. Top marks to the chef!
This hotel is in desperate need of a good clean and general face lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel motel is positioned on Tasmania's mild, sunny east coast within easy access of beautiful sandy beaches. Relax on your own balcony or enjoy a swim in our pool; sit in our gardens with a good book or discover native wildlife in close-by nature reserves. Daily meals of lunch and dinner are available from our family bistro and bar. Our Ocean View and River View rooms provide spectacular panoramic views from private balconies of the ocean and Scamander River. Our garden rooms open onto a secure children's play area and gardens, ideal for relaxing while watching the children play. Off-street parking and a guest laundry are also on site. We have a well stocked bottle-shop, Keno & UBET, available in both the Beach Bistro and Sand Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Scamander Beach Hotel Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scamander Beach Hotel Scamander
- Best Western Scamander
- Scamander Best Western
- Scamander Beach Hotel Motel Tasmania