“Very convincing!”

Port Arthur Historic Site 2-Day Pass
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Port Arthur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tasmania's original and best Ghost Tour, in one of Australia's most significant heritage sites. After night falls, the history can feel very close indeed!Tours run nightly, rain or not, (except Christmas Day) and last approximately 90 minutes.We also offer visitors the chance to do some serious ghost hunting at Port Arthur on our exciting new adults-only, late night Paranormal Investigation Experience. Learn how to conduct paranormal investigations using the latest scientific techniques and equipment, then test for paranormal activity in what are reputedly some of Australia's most haunted buildings. Operates on the last Saturday of each month.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am not a believer but the guide, Louise, was great. She told the stories brilliantly and clearly knew what she was talking about. Very patient with the group and funny. A wonderfully fun tour.

2  Thank Caitlin W

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My partner and I really enjoyed the After Dark Package, and found the cost very reasonable.

The meal prior to the ghost tour at the Felons Resturant was excellent!

The tour was really well organized, engaging, and fun.

Unfortunately I didn't see any ghosts, but the church was incredibly creepy.

3  Thank KCucumber
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been twice now we loved it so much!! So spooky!! Loved walking around after dark with gas lanterns. I recommend to do the last tour of the night as you don't have other tours behind you, it makes you think you are all alone. A few ghosty experiences! My hubby does not like the parsonage, he was pretty freaked out!! So much fun and great history!!

1  Thank bradntash
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visited Port Arthur in Dec 2011 and wnet on the Ghost Tour. It was the worst weather possible, with thunder, lightning, howling wind and pouring rain. It may have been uncomfotable, but made the atmosphere truly frightening. The tour was only 10 minutes old, and I had taken two photos of the Church and was trying to take a close up when suddenly my camera froze and would simply not work. I could not even get the shutter to click. The camera refused to work for the rest of the tour. Once back at our hotel I checked it again and it was working. I checked my photos and found the shot attached. So I;ve attached the last photo of the Church that worked, then the shot that came out when my camera stopped working. What do you see in this photo ?????

3  Thank David H
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I took my 9 year old son on the 8.30pm tour and we loved it! Our tour guide not only made the night informative, but she also had a good sense of humour and told us some wonderful stories of not only the people who had lived on the site, but also some of the ghostly experiences that had occurred there. My son was chosen to carry a lantern, which really added to his experience.

We were taken to 4 different spots and given a fascinating account of how things would have been back in the day.

It was very dark, so anyone who isn't sure footed might struggle unless they're carrying a lantern. We also had a family with a very small child in a pram who occasionally cried and whinged, so I wouldn't really recommend a late night tour for a child who would normally be in bed at that time. Maybe the 6.30pm tour would be better.

I highly recommend the tour and am so glad we did it.

1  Thank physiegirl