We arrived in Port Arthur late in the afternoon. We were informed that the restaurant at the historic site was booked out and that another one does not open on Tuesdays. We ended up going to Fox and Hounds with no booking and they fitted us in. The decor is amazing and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff were amazing, advised us of all the specials. I ordered the lamb chops ( sorry it was something mutton but I can't recall what it was) and my husband ordered the Knights of Olde which was steak with garlic prawns and scallops. Both meals came with chips and salad ( you can have vegetables instead) and were massive, I could not finish mine. We did consider dessert but as I couldn't finish mine we didn't. Meals was just delicious i do have photos but cannot get them to the iPad from the samsung right now. Staff were telling me about how they had that many bookings for dinner, but due to the amount of walk ins they had no tables. So we were very lucky. Will definitely be back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fox & Hounds Inn is an Olde English Tudor style hotel situated only 2km from Port Arthur. We have both motel style and two bedroom self contained villa accommodation separate from the main hotel. Landscaped gardens, water views, tennis court, children's playground, native wildlife, private jetty, restaurant, bar and bottle shop make this the ideal place to stay when visiting the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fox and Hounds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fox And Hounds Hotel Port Arthur
- The Fox And Hounds Inn Port Arthur, Tasmania