Was really looking forward to staying here. Thought it might be something special but was sadly disappointed. Rooms where just average.....ours had an 'old' smell about it. Nothing special here.
The hotel was under booked (due to recent bush fires), probably only one third full, but they put everyone in the same area. Normally fine but we could quite easily through the walls. A bit of distance would have been nice since they were so under booked.
Still the most disappointing thing by far was the service. They talked us into getting our Port Arthur Convict settlement tickets for the next day from them, as well as the Ghost Tour tickets, but provided no extra guidance or advice. Luckily we got down to the Visitor Centre later that evening (they are open late) and got all the info we should have been told when buying the tickets....like there was a guided tour and cruise as part of our ticket price that we had to book in for and where to meet etc. The Motel, as a ticket agent, should have at the very least just pointed us in the right direction.
Was told there was a complimentary continental breakfast in the restaurant. When we went to have breakfast the next day it was all locked up. Apparently breakfast is served between 8 am and 9am only. We were there at 9.15. Wouldn't that have been something worth mentioning to us?
Just like the room, I think that the receptionist was too old and stale. As there was another lady on the next day when we checked out that was quite pleasant, I feel it only fair that I mention provide further details. The lady that let us down was taller and had a snarly bulldog type face. Sorry to characterise someone that way but I dont want to get the wrong lady in trouble and this persons looks were quite striking and the appropriate people will know who I mean.
The service we received for our evening meal in the Restaurant by the waitress and chef was very good.
We wouldnt stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Port Arthur Motor Inn is amazingly situated in the Port Arthur Historic Site precinct, it is this location which makes the hotel unique. Walk to all your tours direct from the hotel. Our Dining room has the finest view over the historic site, relax by the fire in winter and out on the terrace in summer. We cater for most budgets, with our Guard row rooms and our Officer row rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Port Arthur Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Port Arthur Hotel Port Arthur
- Port Arthur Comfort Inn
- Port Arthur Motor Inn Tasmania