As other reviewers have said, the location is wonderful, and walking back to the hotel from the ghost tour is an atmospheric experience. We were not looking for luxury, and 'simple' would have been fine, but what we found was a feeling of neglect. The towels were frayed, the sheets tired (though clean), and behind the breakfast buffet (tinned peaches in this land with some of the best fresh fruit in the world) stood a broken chair with all its stuffing hanging out - just a moment would have moved it, but it seemed that no-one could be bothered. We were pleased that we had not taken the special offer that included evening meal, and instead escaped to the excellent Taylor's restaurant for a most enjoyable dinner: how we wished we'd known that they do accommodation too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Port Arthur Motor Inn is amazingly situated in the Port Arthur Historic Site precinct, it is this location which makes the hotel unique. Walk to all your tours direct from the hotel. Our Dining room has the finest view over the historic site, relax by the fire in winter and out on the terrace in summer. We cater for most budgets, with our Guard row rooms and our Officer row rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Port Arthur Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Port Arthur Hotel Port Arthur
- Port Arthur Comfort Inn
- Port Arthur Motor Inn Tasmania