“Only show in town”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There's not much in the way of evening dining options in Port Arthur - particularly in the off season - and the lack of competition shows. The staff were pleasant and we had no complaints about the service. Food was pretty standard pub fare - quite acceptable but a little pricey for what we got. Also would have expected more fresh seafood options. Be warned! The dining room is very chilly in winter! I had my coat over my knees throughout the meal as the open fire just couldn't cut through the cold. Also be prepared to eat very early. The dining room closes at 7:30pm which could catch many people out, particularly if you are planning on eating after the Port Arthur Ghost Tour.

1  Thank Cathy B

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate here in June so it was pretty cold and from the outside we thought it would be warm and inviting. We nearly froze through dinner! They had a fire going but it only warmed the tables around it. The food was average and the service the same. I had a salmon dish which needed more flavour. The salmon itself was superb. My son loved the Sticky Date Pudding. Decent pub style food.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

nice place to stay, nice scenery from the window, big rooms with a sofa to sit on, great tavern to eat at, food was great and was a big serving. Had a good heater in the room and electric blankets.

1  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ate crumbed scallops, huge meal, perfectly cooked. Sticky date pudding amongst the best I have eaten, my favourite dessert. My son was disappointed with his steak. Would recommend. Was a bit cold in there, we were sitting relatively close to fire.

1  Thank Deena M
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was a bit apprehensive about popping in here and what a nice surprise the good 'ol chicken parmy was yummy and the veg cooked perfectly and hit the spot. The two male winters were attentive and eager to please. We should've gone back here the second night. Steak & kidney pie was delish with a crusty top!

2  Thank Charlie B