“Overpriced Dinner - Awesome Breakfast”

Stewarts Bay Lodge Waterfront Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Overpriced Dinner - Awesome Breakfast”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

For the price we paid for dinner, we expected to be blown away. Unfortunately we weren't. I had the crumbed scallops which ended up being a pile of salad and chips with a few scallops on the side.

Breakfast on the other hand - please do yourself a favor and try the french toast - it will leave you with a smile on your face.

• Visited June 2014

Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not eat here”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Always one to give anyone the benefit of the doubt I decided to ignore the mixed reviews and dine here during our stay at Stewart's Bay Lodge. I wish I hadn't. I have a high tolerance for a lot of dining glitches - including disinterested service - but what I can't stomach is bad food. By bad I mean absolutely tasteless. Both my trevalla and my partner's pork belly seemed to have been prepared and cooked in such a way to extract all flavour. Eating the pork belly was like chewing wads of warm paper. The salsa that accompanied the fish had was either left over from summer or had been frozen at some point. I couldn't make up my mind whether this was the result of incompetence or indifference. Tasmanian rightly prides itself on its fresh produce and culinary expertise - I think this experienced demonstrated a lack of pride and expertise.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Katrina H
australia
“Quiet dinner for two”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We ordered meals a la carte of sumac squid entree, scotch fillet and venison. The squid was excellent, the mains were cooked exactly as requested. The desserts were delicious. Josh, our waiter was very friendly and effficient and helped make our evening enjoyable.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank brandy18australia
Melbourne, Australia
“We had our Wedding Reception Here”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hi my name is Ally and my husband and I stayed at Stewarts Bay Lodge just under two weeks ago. WE ELOPED and I am writing this to express my warmest thanks to Mark (the owner) and his entire team there. Without these guys, my wedding day and holiday would not have been anywhere near as incredible.

Ayden and I decided about 9 months ago that we were going to elope and being from Melbourne, we knew nothing about Tasmania. All I knew is that I wanted to get married in the Port Arthur Historic Church Ruins. I had seen a photo and knew instantly that it was the place! So the planning begun.

I reached out to Stewarts Bay Lodge after securing the venue for April the 11th. I was absolutely BLOWN away by the extra services and amazing care that Mark and his team were offering me. With only a bridal party of two, two photographers, and my husband and I Stewarts Bay Lodge still gave me the option of hiring out the reception room.

Mark and I corresponded via email for months leading up to the wedding and I am so pleased to say was the kindest man I met all trip (apart from my husband of corse, haha). He had the reception room all set up and was truly amazing when it came to having everything just perfect’ for when we walked in.

THE ACCOMMODATION: Absolutely Immaculate! Everything was perfect! Truly well above anything I could have hoped for! The bathrooms were clean and well stocked; the kitchen was spacey and spotless. The main bedroom was huge!!! The views were breathtaking and the bed was the most comfortable kind bed I have slept in. The spa was incredible and possibly the best way to spend nights out there – Truly amazing.

THE FOOD: This was seriously the BEST steak I had in Tasmania, and I have not found a steak like this in Melbourne yet! The most amazing entrée, main and dessert that I have had in years. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the chef as well as he was a kind man who boxed up the top teir of our wedding cake so we could cart it ALLLL the way back to Melbourne with us!

BREAKFAST: To die for. Hot and continental, and ALL fresh! GOOD JOB CHEF!

SERVICE: Simply amazing, everyone was more than happy to help out, and Mark bent over backwards for my husband and I. He was more than happy to lend a hand with the set up, and when my apple mac decided it was going to throw a tantrum, Mark raced away to get us his laptop so we could lend it! (THANKS AGAIN MARK!)

LOCATION: Easy to get to, but very well hidden. The drive from Hobart was truly spectacular and I would drive this road 100 times over if I could! Quiet and breathtaking. We also walked to Port Arthur Historic Site (14minute walk) to have a look at where I would be walking myself down the aisle.

WOULD I VISIT AGAIN: Mark and crew…we will see you in one years time for our one year anniversary! ☺ This will now be a yearly tradition! Cant wait!

I recommend this accommodation to anyone who is after a relaxing getaway without any of the big city distractions. Somewhere to lay back and enjoy the scenery, somewhere to be with loved ones and just enjoy each other. Stewarts Bay Lodge can only truly be appreciated by those who understand life’s finest moments.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Ally K
Hobart, Australia
“"Embarrassing"”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having visited this restaurant approx. 2 years ago I was very excited to be taking my visitors from Qld for dinner. How embarrassed was I? Like Neil S I had the whole snapper, which was so overcooked it was as tough as leather. And I have to agree, plain old rice and a very greasy salad did not compensate for the overcooked fish. 2 seafood platters were ordered by my friends, it looked very nice and they seemed to enjoy it. It would have been nice if they were given the proper utensils to eat the crab and a finger bowl as were the people on the next table. I did not ask for these as the meal was over by this stage. The rhubarb and apple crumble sounded delicious. Stewed rhubarb and apple covered with what looked like muesli. And yes the waiter from the Gold Coast was present at our meal and yes please do go back to the Gold Coast. Will not be visiting the restaurant ever again.

• Visited April 2014