“Good tucker.”

Felons Bistro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Felons Bistro offers quality local produce prepared simply and deliciously, a range of local wines, friendly service and great value for money. Open every evening.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a table booked for dinner before our Ghost Tour. The staff were aware of our schedule and although the service wasn't rushed, they did make sure we were served in plenty of time for our tour. The food was nice, the atmosphere pleasant, and the staff friendly. It wasn't cheap, but reasonable.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good menu, tasty food, reasonably priced, lovely service, catered well for children, very satisfying experience after a great day visiting the convict site

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Once we were sat at a table after our Ghost Tour it was almost like we were forgotten about for about 20 - 25 minutes, once our drink and food order was taken the service was quite quick, the meals were quite tasty, we had Salmon and Lamb, well presented and not too bad, I had read some reviews stating that the food was excellent as people were expecting something a little more cafe based, as by day it is a cafe. I would not say the food was excellent. I would say it was ok, slightly better that cafe food but the service did let it down a little, the waiter didn't really seem like he wanted to be there, having said that though the other waiter we paid through was extremely nice, may have been a bad night for him but there weren't a great deal of people there, maybe only 2/3 full at the most. we did not receive the dessert menu to look over after our meal so we just paid and left

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a great dinner here before doing a ghost tour. We bought the package where we got two courses but both my husband and I ended up having three and just paying the difference, we simply couldn't limit ourselves to the two courses. ALL the food was fantastic - but my personal favourite was the oysters cooked with brie and chardonnay. OMG. Amazing. Lots of Tasmanian wines to choose from, and the wait staff were lovely. Our table was right by the fire, too, which was appreciated.

The only 'downside', and I don't think you could even call it that, is that it's not really in a particularly nice location - it's just tucked away at the end of the visitor's centre. However, there's a wall separating you, of course. Don't let it deter you from visiting, in fact, definitely DO visit if you're in the area. Make sure you book, though.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I really did not have high expectations for this meal based on the fact that it was in the bistro of the Visitor Centre at Port Arthur Historic site but boy was I wrong! My husband and I were both blown away by the quality of the food.....it was top resturant quality and absolutely delicious.

Our wait staff were fantastic and gave great advise on what to order....fantastic shared entree, brilliant main and the Cadbury chocolate cheesecake for dessert was to die for.....excellent!