“EXCELLENT QUALITY FOOD”

Felons Bistro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Felons Bistro offers quality local produce prepared simply and deliciously, a range of local wines, friendly service and great value for money. Open every evening.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The menu was quite limited, as I guess it would be in such a place, but the quality and presentation of food was outstanding. Two of the three staff were excellent, the young girl taking our order was hopefully just having a bad day. Good value for money, and would definitely recommend.

There are newer reviews for Felons Bistro

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Had been looking forward to dinner here all day after a long day at Port Arthur. Had the vegetarian pasta (only vego option on the menu) and it wasn't great - bland tinned-tomato-based sauce and watery pasta. Partner enjoyed his oysters and steak. Both of us were underwhelmed by the service- the girl was nice but forgot our drinks, mix up in the kitchen left us waiting over half an hour for dessert to arrive. Next time we go back to Port Arthur we will go back to Hobart for a late tea. Certainly wouldn't recvomrnd for vegetarians.

Kate M, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Felons Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Jess

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at Felons Bistro. I am sorry that it was a disappointing experience for you with regards to both the lack of vegetarian food options and underwhelming service, followed by a frustrating wait for dessert.

Your feedback is valuable to us and as such we are currently reviewing our menu to develop vegetarian and gluten free options as well as conducting professional development with our front of house service team.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience at Felons. I do hope that you might consider giving Felons a second chance if you visit the Tasman Peninsula again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Absolutely amazing! Best porterhouse i have ever had, best parma my partner has ever had, the salad was amazing! Highly recommend this place, would be the first place we go to if we ever go back, service was fantastic-couldnt fault anything! Wine was to die for! Would highly recommend adding this onto the tour, very good value, certainly a highlight of our trip!!!

Kate M, Public Relations Manager at Felons Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We're so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again next time you're in Port Arthur.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sometimes the eateries at large tourist attractions can disappoint. Not so with "Felons" at Port Arthur Historic Site. We live in the area and it's our local restaurant of choice.

1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My partner and I ate here as part of the After Dark Tour.

The food was really, really good. We had the seafood entree, lamb for myself, steak for my partner, and chocolate pudding for desert. The seafood entree was quite large, and I particularly liked the pickled octopus. The lamb was very tender, and my boyfriend's rare steak was good.

1  Thank KCucumber