“A lovely surprise!!”

52 Main
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual dining , local ingredients, seafood straight off the trawler
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Called for a quick lunch on a Saturday - friendly staff - beautiful fresh food, great coffee and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. There's nothing quite like watching the ocean crashing in only a few metres from your table. Looking forward to going back for a Friday night meal with some music. Also, have to mention the incredible attention to the cleanliness of the amenities....not the case everywhere! The owners/family treat you like friends - a great experience

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Came on a sat lunch time for a friends farewell, service was good but felt the prices were a little expensive and unless you go in and are seated there are no prices on display. I had sushi which was nice but a little dry on the inside. Great views but not the whole package for me.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I had a very dissapointing experience at this much talked about cafe. we wandered in around 3.30 in the afternoon, wow the music was quite loud which I did not find appropriate for a lazy sunday arvo.I dont like walking into a cafe without prices for the food being available,I like to see a menu before I go into an establishment so I know what is on offer and how much the food costs. even the cakes in the display cabinets did not have the price on them. The kitchen was closed so we could not order any food so we got cake and coffee.The raspberry and white choc cheesecake was recommended to us and at the cost of $6.50 was not worth the money as it had the same texture as jelly and un edible. Also the coffee was quite bitter. The highlight was the young girl that served us, very friendly and always smiling and interacting with the customers.The service was great however wont be back based on my other comments.

1  Thank Hollyk109
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stopped off for a drink on the way home today. Good service, nice atmosphere, great food. To add a touch of authenticity, beautiful photographic art on the walls. Wish the owners every success.

1  Thank Scrobe
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Food was wonderful, views are great, will be a wonderful place to visit if only the music was NOT so LOUD. I really do enjoy good music, but found that I could not hear my friends conversation due to the volume of the music. I won't be back again if the music continues to be so loud. As it was also an evening meal, found it strange that we were unable to get a coffee. If you are a designated driver a coffee is very much appreciated. Plus coffee & cake goes so well together.