“Average meals, above average price”
Review of Casablanca - CLOSED

Casablanca
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casablanca - is and A La Carte restaurant based at Penguin Surf Lifesaving Club
Tasmania
“Average meals, above average price”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Whilst the location and decor are appealing I really felt that the quality of the food let the place down on this occasion. I had the eye fillet of steak and as Manu Feidel would say "where is the sauce?". When my plate arrived I was disappointed to find that other than a nice piece of fillet steak all that accompanied this dish was a small serve of mash potatoe (the size of an egg ring), a sprig of asparagus another of broccolini and a small sliver of pumpkin - all for the princely sum of $42. When I swapped my steak for another on the table (yes, they presented me with the wrong steak) I found the steak tender, but dry.
Another guest at our table had the fish of the day which was Barramundi - their comment on this was that they found it a bit "mushy".
Taking all things into consideration I found this dining experience pretty disappointing.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Legend64

Oatlands, Australia
“Great food and service on a busy night”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Good variety of dishes and wine choice. The restaurant looks out over Bass Strait. Highly reccomended.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Michael P
Tasmania
“Just beautiful”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Beautiful ambience, great service and small selection of interesting, well prepared but delicious food. Dining just on sunset is special with wonderful water views.

Visited February 2013
Devonport, Australia
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had heard great reviews about this restaurant and had wanted to go to this restaurant for some time, and weren't disappointed.

From the moment we walked in until the time we left, the service was fantastic, as was the food.

I recommend you try the sampler plate. I had the lamb rack which was perfectly cooked and delicious. My partner had the steak which was also perfectly cooked and lovely and tender. We shared a pannacotta for dessert which topped the meal off perfectly.

An absolute gem. I couldn't fault a thing. Can not reccomend it highly enough. Thank you :)

• Visited March 2013
“What a gem!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I've dined at Casablanca a few times now, and every visit has been exceptional. Yummy food, the portion size is generous and the service is pleasant. Well done Casablanca.

1 Thank CHHE6193