“Overpriced and poor quality”

Lucky Ducks Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Nubeena
Cuisines: Cafe, International, Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: With huge picture windows, this bright waterfront restaurant offers casual dining, featuring true tastes of Tasmania all food made in house.
Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced and poor quality”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We don't mind paying for food, as long as the quality is matched. Here, the food is more expensive than Sydney cafe prices, and the food was of poor quality. My food, mushroom with bruschetta, was inedible due to excessive salt and oiliness - the mushrooms were very salty, and the bruschetta was more akin to garlic bread that has been excessively soaked in oil and salt. My partner's, big breakfast, was edible, but only because we were hungry. Disappointed. Service was ok, and the view over the water was nice.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Caye B

Sydney, Australia
“Best breakfast we had in the whole of Tasmania!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to Port Arthur. So glad we did. Great, friendly service. Had the big breakfast and it was so tasty! Loved the relish! Wish we had this place on our doorstep!

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Deirdre O
Hobart, Australia
“Missing the great coffee, food & hospitality”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hi travellers, I am currently oversees in Thailand having a wonderful time with my family. However the one thing I have found since being in a foreign land is knowing where to go for good coffee and food. As we know it can be so hit and miss at times. So I thought I would share my little secret with you when travelling on the Tasman Peninsula. If you want sensational home cooked food, fresh muffins, biscuits -- all from locally grown produce, the boys from lucky ducks will not disappoint you. They also have fantastic Tasmanian wines and the best coffee on the island. I miss my daily coffee and look forward to seeing the boys again soon. Save me a Lemon Zing biscuit please!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Jilby_magoo
Nubeena, Australia
“Beautiful food, great service.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Grant & Kelly cook some absolutely beautiful homemade foods, great coffee and nothing is ever to. Much for them, great family cafe HIGHLY recommended.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Amanda018_88
Hobart, Australia
“Love da cake!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for coffee and some chocolate caramel slice and loved it. Everything was very clean and the service was fast and friendly. Groovey disco music playing it the background and I'm still buzzing from the coffee!!! Nice work boys.

Visited July 2013