“Best location with amazing views ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Field National Park
Russell Falls Holiday Cottages
Melbourne, Australia
“Best location with amazing views ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The cottages and relatively new and very spacious and clean.
Host was really friendly and helpful on arrival and despite previous guests leaving late, managed to prepare the rooms ahead of time.
The cottages and located within a shot walking distance to the park. View from the back veranda is to the forest and river. Cottage has a lounge and in our case, two bedrooms with a full kitchen. Only down point were the flying insects coming through the bathroom vent at night, but was already advised that flu screens are been put in place.
Only

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Nadav77

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Berkeley Vale, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with our cottage and location. Listening to the sounds of the river and overall nature is the secret of unwinding. Mt Field National Park was conveniently across the road, or I should say bridge. We would have wine, beer and canapes while relaxing in front of an open log fire. The waterfalls, wildlfe, trees and glow worms are superb. Our cottage had everything we needed and if we needed anything, our hosts Leesa and Troy obliged. They are lovely people, the cottage waz very clean and well supplied. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 112Kerry
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My stay there was wonderful. The cottage was clean and fantastic and the staff were friendly and helpful. The location is spectacular, right outside the entrance to Mt Field National Park and along the river. I will absolutely be going back there again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank NinaC06
Mosman
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location!
We spent a night here and loved the proximity to the national park. Had the riverside cottage and enjoyed falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the river.
Good facilities - couch a little uncomfortable, but good size etc.
My 6'2" husband would have appreciated a queen size bed rather than a double so his feet didn't hang over the edge...
Everything else was fine though.
Please put an egg flip back in the cabin - was the only utensil missing :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatHnut
Crowley, TX
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I would live here if I could.....we recently spent 2 nights (and I wish it were many more) at this property. We had the cottage near the river. First of all, it has everything you need to be comfortable; a kitchen with dishes, toaster, microwave/frig etc,; living room, comfortable bed/pillows, laundry room with a washer/dryer (a wonderful plus) and bathroom (small shower, but adequate); decent heating. Nice and quiet. Great porch out back to sit/relax. There were lots of windows and the views were wonderful...nicely landscaped. My husband and I are National Park enthusiasts...so best of all, the cottages are situated right outside of beautiful Mount Field National Park...just walk out your door and walk across a small bridge and you're there. Mount Field National Park is like a "fairytale land"... it is an absolutely gorgeous hike through the rain forest with beautiful falls. The owners of the cottage have thought of everything to make you comfortable. It was decently priced. The cafe inside the national park center has good food if you don't want to cook. I have a new favorite place on earth... Tasmania...absolutely loved it. The only "con" I can think of is that the slatted vent in the bathroom (near the fan) was not covered and bugs had a tendency to come in. Too, you had to open a window near the washer/dryer to help with the condensation build-up. At night when we were there, that could get a little "cold", but you can shut the door between the laundry room and rest of the cottage. I killed a couple of "small spiders"...but on our final day, there was a really "huge" spider on the bedroom ceiling that my husband pointed out as I finished packing.....good thing he showed it to me after I finished or I would have made him pack it all up. I understand that it can be a common occurrence, and I'm not a "sissy-girl"...I just prefer spiders like that to be "outside"..not in the bedroom...(ha). So if there were any possible way to cover up that slatted/open air vent to keep them out and still let air in/out...that would be my only suggestion to make this place top-notch. Even the big spider would not deter me from coming back though... we loved it here, were very comfortable, and would come back in a heart-beat. So if you love nature and the outdoors....book it...you will be glad you did. Owner very nice...even when I woke her up early to return the key because we had a flight to catch in Hobart and I wasn't sure where to leave it... These cottages are a Great Choice!

Room Tip: Get the cottage by the River...nice/relaxing...go outside at night...the stars are amazing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TXLuv2Travel
Whyalla, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On our recent trip to Tasmania we stayed at the Russell Falls Holiday Cottages. We found the cottage to be very clean & comfortable. Playground for the kids nearby, and large park for ball games near by also. The cottage was clean and had kitchen facilities to make your own meals. Fantastic views and near by stream ran past our cottage. The Russell Falls are only a short walk away and the obvious highlight of the area. Would stay here again if we go back to Tasmania again. Tanya was quite pleasant and happy to offer advice & help if required.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at Russell Falls Holiday Cottages to get an early start on a Mt Field day walk. Arriving late, our cottage was ready and waiting. The cottage had a large lounge dining area, kitchen and laundry and would be a good base for a longer stay. It served it's purpose well and could easily have accommodated more than the 2 people we were.

There were some details lacking, one curtain coming off the rails a little, one slightly dubious light switch, couch had perhaps seen a very parties.

All in all though, as a base for exploring the beautiful surrounds of Mt Field - it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamlet Downs Country Accommodation
Sassafras Springs
Sassafras Springs
#1 of 1 in Ellendale

Been to Russell Falls Holiday Cottages? Share your experiences!