“Heartwarming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hadspen B&B and Inns
Hobart
“Heartwarming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on the way to Cradle Mountain and I'm so glad we did! Lydia the owner met us and she was so delightful and warm and welcoming. The property is quite simply stunning, very clean, very beautiful and very, very comfortable. Lydia showed us to our beautiful large and well appointed room and arranged for Louis (chef) to make us a welcoming cup of tea and a chat in the cosy dining room.... all part of the 5 star service. We really can't fault this property and can't wait to return with family and freinds. Next time we visit we will endeavour to join the cooking classes run by Louis and his wife. Also looking forward to Theresa excellent breakfasts! Not simply an overnight stay but a genuine Tasmanian experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rosietas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had a lovely stay here with my dad on a quick visit to Tasmania. beautiful building very nicely renovated. Lovely grounds, nice restaurant. My only problem was that as we were in the Garden Suite and I was sleeping on the fold out bed in the living area. It was very noisy as it was attached to the restaurant. it wouldn't be an issue for people just using the bedroom as my dad never heard any noise. it wouldn't be an issue for people who stay up to a normal hour either- I was particularly tired so went to be early.
beautiful bathroom and kitchenette,, reasonable breakfast basket provided to make ones own lunch.
Didn't go much on Hadspen itself - but the Red Feather is beautiful and great for a night away.

Room Tip: The Garden suite had a fold out sofa in the downstairs living room so perfect for people who are not...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rosetosie
Redfeatherin1844, Manager at Red Feather Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hi there and thanks so much for your great review. We have taken your feedback on board about the noise from the restaurant and will endeavour to ensure that it doesn't affect our guests from here on in. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon,
Lydia and the RFI team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Well Hadspen didn't look all that promising I must say. Perfectly lovely as a suburb/town but not so much as a holiday destination. But the Red Feather Inn is breathtakingly beautiful and atmospheric. You are transported to another world. The decor and attention to detail are outstanding. I would happliy stay here again, hopefully with 12 of my closest friends so we can do a colking class. Staff were lovely.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Thehungrymole
Gunns Plains, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have just visited Red Feather Inn at Hadspen Tasmania. We arrived on the Saturday for one of their cooking schools and stayed overnight. The Cooking School was fabulous, we had 14 in our group. Everyone was so lovely and we all really enjoyed it. The visiting Chef Camille was fantastic and she was very engaging and involved all of us in every part of the menu process. After cooking a whole menu we all sat down at a big table and enjoyed the end product of our work. The atmosphere in the cooking group was just so friendly and relaxed even though we had only just met. Just enjoyed the whole day from start to finish. Our stay overnight was just great too the room was superb and the old Inn is just a wonderful old building with such character and warmth. Our breakfast the next morning was so nice as well as we shared it with our fellow Cooking School guests. Overall the Cooking School was fantastic and so was the accommodation. I would highly recommend Red Feather Inn for it's Cooking School or Accommodation or a combination of both. A great weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 37Michelle
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Red Feather Inn is beautiful! Full stop! The setting is gorgeous and right out of a manor house in England. The decor is meticulously presented with the highest quality products and linen. The hosts are warm and welcoming and put up with our turning up early to everything!
What a fantastic spot, just how I'd like to think I would present my guest accommodation if I had it! Highly recommend it, make sure you eat there and try the cooking school too.

• Stayed June 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is beautiful, the rooms spectacular, the food amazing and the hosts Ian and Tanya are just delighful, friendly, helpful and interesting people. We stayed two nights. wasn't nearly enough. Highly recommend the Red Feather Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had an unforgettable stay at the Red Feather. First off, the inn is beautifully decorated and the property is well maintained (walk around the orchard and vegetable garden in the back to see what will be on your plate!). If I could, I would move in. Or, take the property home with me, decorations included. Visually, everything was perfect. Secondly, our hosts, Ian and Tanya, went above and beyond all expectations. They went out of their way for all the guests and could not have provided service and hospitality. Thirdly, the food was incredible and of the highest quality. On the Friday night that we were there, Ian and Tanya prepared and served us and the other guests (there were 8 of us in total, the inn was full) what can only be described as a wonderful feast. We all started out as strangers, but left as friends after our enjoyable meal (the unlimited wine, attentively poured by Ian, probably aided in this!). My mother and I had an incredible stay here. If I lived in Melbourne, I would make the Red Feather a regular weekend getaway. And don't forget to greet the two, snow white doves in the dovecote out back!

Room Tip: My mother and I shared the Red Feather room but we got to see some of the others. They are all large...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadspen
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
Kurrajong House
Kurrajong House
#1 of 31 in Launceston

Been to Red Feather Inn? Share your experiences!