“Wonderful restaurant, amazing food and fantastic service”

The Edge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Coles Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Edge of the Bay Resort is a boutique resort on the Freycinet Peninsula on Tasmania's East Coast. A privately owned property consisting of 14 Ocean View Suites, 7 Secluded Cottages and 'The Edge Restaurant'; on 30 acres of beach front overlooking Great Oyster Bay and 'The Hazards' mountains.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this restaurant to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was fantastic. The service of the waiter on the evening we were there was outstanding. He was so attentive and helpful. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful night. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion.

1  Thank Caroline D

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the resort and received a $30.00 discount on the evening meals, the food was fresh and so mouthwatering, makes me hungry thinking about it now.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We managed to secure an early dinner booking at The Edge Restaurant and were happy to get a table as the dinner choices are not great in Coles Bay. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The location with views over the bay to Freycinet are fantastic. The sun set slowly and I had to excuse myself from the table to take some beautiful photos as the soft light changed the colours of the water and mountain beyond. We really enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My order if fish and chips comprised 2 x 7cm length pieces of flathead. I was dumbfounded that such a minute portion could make it out of the kitchen to a customer. Lovely views but would not recommend eating there- left underwhelmed and feeling ripped off!

3  Thank Beebril
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great food..
Loved the seafood pasta, brilliant!
Group of 6, everyone enjoyed entrees and mains!
Service great!
Nice local wines!

only did not like the affogato dessert..