There are some events in your life that require a celebration. That you recognise the importance by doing something out of the ordinary. My wife and my visit to Saffire was such a celebration. When we parked at the entrance a staff member was already waiting for us. She knew our name, our car was whisked away with our luggage and we accompanied are hostess into the stunning main building for sparkling wine welcome. The building sat extremely well in the landscape allowing us magnificent views of Muirs Beach and the Hazards. After our welcome we accompanied our host to our villa.
Our luggage was already there. Our villa was spacious with extensive use of Tasmanian Timbers and hand crafted Tasmanian furnishings which whilst being things of beauty were blissfully comfortable and warm. From the seats to the lounges to the bed comfort and beautiful design went hand in hand.
It was lovely to just immerse yourselves in this " cocoon".
So much did we enjoy our room that we cancelled the organised wine tour and spent the afternoon sitting on the private deck enjoying the changing moods of the hazards and the extensive complimentary mini bar.
Not withstanding to buildings and the environment I think the biggest asset of Saffire are the staff. They are most professional across the board and have that innate ability to know when to engage in detailed conversation or just pass.
The meals were simply outstanding and where ever possible reflected local produce and wine in a world class way.
We didn't want to leave and nobody seemed in a rush to get you out so we sat in the main building and just chilled (as my son says)
When leaving our car was already at the front entrance with a little complimentary travelling pack. Which was a lovely touch.
I think without a doubt that it was the best hotel experience that I have ever had and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Tasmania - Coles Bay