My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful 2 nights stay at Saffire with our 4 month old baby. 'Luxury' and 'baby-friendly' don't often go together but Saffire somehow manages to get it very right.
Room: We stayed in the private pavilion which had a separate bedroom which meant when bub was napping, we were able to enjoy that gorgeous view and a drink in the living/dining area. The dining area also meant we were able to dine in without the hassle of bringing bub to the restaurant.The kitchenette was extremely handy for heating up and sterilising bottles. The private plunge pool, though small, was all we needed for a quick dip and splash around.
Food: We had breakfast at the restaurant one morning and had it in the room the next. On both occasions, the food arrived promptly and tasted great. The poached eggs on our eggs benny was perfectly cooked and topped with the most delicious crispy pancetta ever. Saffire had organised a babysitter for us for both nights. So while bub slept, we were able to duck out for a romantic dinner at Palate restaurant while watching the sun set. The food at dinner service was phenomenal. The chef worked his magic with the fresh local produce and created some of the most delicious dishes we have eaten.
Activities: We went on the Marine Farm tour which we highly recommend. So much fun and of course eating freshly shucked oysters right where they are grown is quite the experience!!
Service: Excellent. There is nothing we can fault about our stay at Saffire from the airport lounge to check out. We are very grateful that guest services had organised such lovely babysitters for us and had set up a cot for us on arrival. All our needs were met promptly and with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Tasmania - Coles Bay