My husband and I spent 4 nights at Saffire and from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we had an unforgettable stay. The view of the Hazards upon entering is breathtaking and the warm welcome we received was second to none. There was even a bottle of bubbly in our room on arrival as we were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.
Our room was spotless and it was maintained that way throughout our stay. We booked a luxury suite which was well appointed and had a great view of the Hazards. There was a generous minibar for those who get peckish between meals (though we struggled to feel hungry after a meal) and the room was stocked with enough creature comforts if you chose to spend most of your time there.
There is an abundance of food at Saffire, so either leave the diet at the front door or avail of their small but well equipped gym because it's all too good to resist and you will be tempted to try everything. The menu changes daily so we had the opportunity to try various produce from the region. We had the degustation menu on our first 2 nights and shifted to the a la carte for the remaining 2 nights. It was all delicious and we were in food comas everyday. A standout dish was the flathead fillets cooked in squid ink on a bed of noodles. Super delicious and it was a nice touch to have the chef come out and serve the main meal at dinner. If you love food and wine, this hotel won't disappoint.
We joined activities which were included in our package and all of them were great. The guides were excellent and so knowledgeable and the walks were fantastic. The visit to the Oyster Farm and the guided walk by a local Aboriginal man were our two favourite activities, though all of them are worth doing. The Freycinet Peninsula really is a beautiful part of Tasmania and is worth exploring no matter what age. It's an easy and scenic drive from Hobart (we took the highway). The hotel is situated a short drive from the main town, however because of the activities, we didn't feel the need to venture out much on our own.
One nice bonus of the Saffire experience is the airport lounge at Hobart. It's a nice, quiet space (with more food and wine!) to wait for your flight in comfort.
The staff at Saffire are to be commended for providing such a high level of service without being pretentious or making a fuss. Every single staff member we came across were warm and very helpful and it was evident that they enjoyed being a part of the team. To Justin, Hugh, Russell, Jen, Lisa, Cameron, Mitchell, Mark, Jess, Natasha, Matt, Mel, Mick, Declan, Joel, Daisy, Elise and the housekeeping and maintenance team: a heartfelt thanks from the both of us for making our stay so enjoyable. You deserve the accolades and we hope to be back in the not too distant future - and for a longer time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Tasmania - Coles Bay