We just got back from Saffire and have not stopped talking about how much we loved the trip.
We only booked our accomadation 2 night before leaving as we had already booked a quick trip to the blue mountains but couldn't go due to fires.
At first we where a little disappointed as our plans had changed so close to leaving, this disappeared as soon as we entered Saffire we where greater by Micah who took us through into the foyer where you are uncounted with the most amazing view, we then turned around to be greeted by 2 glasses of sparkling wine, the check in process was easy and comfortable.
The room - was amazing, beautiful views, a lovely card from the manager wishing my husband a happy birthday, a bottle of sparkling on ice. Decor is beautiful and comfortable, bathroom is lovely. Mini bar was outstanding an defiantly not mini, all inclusive of the cost too and I you eat or drink it gets replaced fr you to consume again.
Food- also amazing, breakfast especially the trout was beautiful, you also always get more than you ask for, I ordered the trout but whilst waiting I got poached fruit, rice pudding and fresh orange juice and then after we finished out main we had little pastries with coffee( basically why I would eat in a whole day I ate for breakfast).
Lunch was fresh and tasty salads, love this as I was still full from breakfast, if you wanted a hot meal that had options too, you also finished off with a cheese platter as a glass of wine whilst overlooking the hazards on extremely comfortable lounges.
Dinner was amazing we did the tasting the first night and al a carte the second, you also have cocktails and canapés before dinner and afternoon tea is also delivered to your room (again something you don't expect but is welcomed.)
Activities - we did the oyster tour which was wonderful and a must for every guest, we walk to wine glass bay and we also did the half day boat trip in which we saw whales, dolphins, seals and birds plus the amazing coastline and yes they feed you again!
Gym - it's small but nice and with so many activities you can easily keep fit and walk off that good without going to the gym.
Staff- all staff where wonderful, friendly and had knowledge of each particular field that thy worked in.
A nice note - the staff wrote "happy birthday "in the pebble garden of our Suite which we both thought was very nice
Lots of other things but wouldn't want to spoil every surprise.
Loved every minute and can't wait to return next year.
Laura and Dean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Tasmania - Coles Bay