We stayed here as part of my husband's 40th birthday celebrations and although it was a while ago other places we stay just don't stack up against Saffire for value.
The most amazing food, interesting activities close by, great service and beautiful rooms.
We have since stayed at Southern Ocean Lodge and Qualia, and both agree that Saffire had THE best food. I say food because it wasn't just meals, but every snack and tidbit was amazing. Truly you are eating 2 or 3 hat food every time you put something in your mouth.
We did the guided Wineglass Bay walk and appreciated our guide adjusting what we did because we were fit enough to go fairly quickly. She added in a walk around the lighthouse, as a storm was approaching, which was just amazing.
We will return the next time we get down to Tasmania.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Tasmania - Coles Bay