“Not what i expected”

Ranked #5 of 5 Coles Bay B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Not what i expected”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I agree with the other reviewer about the breakfasts. There certainly could have been more. I know my husband could have had a lot more. We weren't asked if we wanted seconds, especially with coffee. We like at least two cups at breakfast time.
The hosts are most gracious and the location very picturesque. The whole experience wasn't what I expected as we were basically staying in someones home, where they rent out two bedrooms.
I hadn't realised there was a communal lounge area with the t.v. No t.v. in the bedroom.
The hosts kept to a room by themselves and didn't disturb us in any way, only appearing at breakfast time when they heard we were up.
We were free to make coffee and tea anytime, but only instant coffee as the plunger was put away for the breakfast cup!
If this is the type of accomodation you like i.e. sharing with others, then you'll have a very pleasant stay.

• Liked — View out the back
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jonadPerth
GingerLane, owner at Pelican Bay B & B, responded to this review, August 17, 2008
As the owner of Pelican Bay B&B my intent is always to provide a safe, happy & natural environment so that my guests enjoy a comfortable & memorable experience.
I take great pride in running a cosy, comfortable & clean Bed & Breakfast.
Breakfast is a time for sharing of information & food. Menu consists of a choice of cereals, fruits, yogurt, nuts, juice, toast, tea & coffee PLUS a cooked breakfast. Tea & coffee is available all day & night if guests wish. Before any guests leave the table I always ask them if there is anything else I can get for them. So everyone has an opportunity to ask for more toast / coffee or anything else for that matter. However after reading the reviewer's comments I have become more aware of how I should handle breakfast. In future I will make sure that no one ever leaves the table hungry.
Regards
Lynda

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2008

The hosts are lovely, rooms are very comfortable and private. The B& B backs on to a Bay and is a 10 minute drive from Coles Bay. The guest lounge is warm with a lovely fire and there is lots of infomation on the local area.

The only let down for us was the breakfat, it was very ordinary and we were given one slice of toast with some scrambled eggs which wasnt quite enough for my husband. Also only one choice of juice and toast, no crossiants as it said on the website.

A great place to stay in Coles Bay, not overpriced in relation to its location, just a shame breakfast wasnt more inspiring.

Stayed April 2008
#1 of 5 in Coles Bay
Malting Lagoon Guest House
Malting Lagoon Guest House
#4 of 5 in Coles Bay

Been to Pelican Bay B & B? Share your experiences!