I stayed at The Lufra for a night with my husband over the Christmas holidays on the way to Port Arthur. I'm sure the hotel was lovely back in its heyday, but those days have long since passed and no one seems to care anymore. The toilet and bathroom hadn't been cleaned since the last guest and the carpets were filthy! I put my shoes back on when my husband pointed them out. The TV was a tiny 34cm a mile away from the bed. On the plus side the room was spacious and the beds were comfy enough.
We ate at the restaurant and it was a disaster. The menu said to ask the waiter about vegetarian options so I did. They said they could do a creamy vege pasta. I requested they skip the cream and make a tomato based sauce. What I got was indescribable. I think they panicked. It was possible meant to be a honey and ginger sauce (that would have been better in a stir fry) that was so sweet it was inedible. The waiters seemed very distracted. I ordered some wine and the waiter came back a few seconds later to ask which wine I wanted. Then we saw another table that had obviously ordered a beer but the waiter must have forgotten which one so he brought them all out for the diner to point to the one she wanted. My water glass had a giant lipstick stain on it. You had to laugh or you'd cry.
Overall a depressing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lufra Hotel and Apartments, at Eaglehawk Neck, at the gateway to Port Arthur and the Tasman Peninsula, is a quality character hotel that offers comfortable lodging and meals Our self contained modern 4 Star holiday apartments are your home away from home. We have 3.5 Star waterview rooms in the original hotel building limited budget accommodation for the price conscious traveler. The hotel overlooks spectacular 'Pirates Bay' where surfers are a common sight and whales are often seen on their annual migrations. We serve breakfast and cafe meals daily, dinner and specialty meals for all occasions fashioned from local and quality produce. The Lufra is the ideal place to stage your exploration of the Tasman Peninsula; heritage and convict past and the Port Arthur site your base for the World Class Three Capes Track breathtaking seaside cliff top and nature walks the world first Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park Tasman Island cruises as well as chocolates, whiskey, kayaking, tuna and game fishing Stay for a day or more to make the best out of your visit to this special part of Tasmania ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Lufra Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Eaglehawk Neck
- Eaglehawk Neck Best Western
- Lufra Hotel And Apartments Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania