“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten here a few times I was disappointed with my last visit, tea with friends, I had a chicken vol-au-vent, the chicken was somehow watery tasting and the pastry was like hard cardboard, not edible, this was followed by a smoked salmon salad that consisted only of lettuce, sundried tomatoes, olives and feta with a few pieces of smoked salmon, nothing wrong with this but it should have been advertised as a Greek salad as this is what it really was. If I had seen Greek salad I would not have ordered it as I don't eat olives and can't eat sundried tomatoes.
Previous visits have been thoroughly enjoyable but not this one, proper menu advertising is everything.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Joanne B

Devonport, Australia
“christmas staff party”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Meals were ready when we arrived as we had pre ordered. The meals were good and reasonable priced. Pleasant atmosphere

Visited December 2013
1 Thank beverleybaker22
Railton, Tasmania, Australia
“Great food with great friends”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Love this place to eat. Very friendly and warm atmosphere. Is an ideal place to meet friends for coffee or sit on your own and take a moment.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tracy M
Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Australia
“I liked the breakfast”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have eaten here a few times, all were lunch or early afternoon meals. I've enjoyed all meals, but this was the first time I've had breakfast.

And I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast, although I found the menu a little over focused on eggs, this seems to be common in many places today. With this, I asked for a meal that had various items, but requested they leave off the eggs, which was no problem to the staff and they willingly obliged, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The coffee was delicious, but again like a lot of other establishments, the coffee could have been hotter, delicious all the same.

And the service was very good :o)

I will definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2014
Devonport, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed customer !”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have been to this cafe a few times and my opinion hasn't changed. The service is rather slow and the staff need to learn to smile and pay closer attention. The food is quite expensive for what you receive and tasteless.

• Visited November 2013