Hawley House
Quality Hotel Gateway(Devonport)(Great Value!)
$116
$102
Sunrise Devonport(Devonport)(Great Value!)
$71
Dannebrog Lodge(Devonport)
Edgewater(Devonport)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdrawing roomthe main housedessert winesmall lakeconverted stablesextensive gardenshomemade breadpre dinner drinksdining roomother guestsdelightful settingpinot noirpiece of paradiselate harvestport sorellstep back in timestayed upstairs
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This guest house is a lovely spot to stay. It's not modern, the floors are not always level and the shower may not be perfect but this is more than compensated for by the beautiful surroundings, fabulous food, friendly helpful staff, lovely gardens and the homeliness of animals greeting you at the door.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZELwickL
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hawley House in January. We fell in love with it immediately. Our room was super with an eclectic mix of styles that we loved. The gardens are beautiful with a small chapel in the grounds. It is ideal as a wedding venue. Breakfast was delicious with top quality produce including home made jams etc. I only wish we had opted to eat dinner in the hotel as it smelt divine and the other residents were very complimentary about it. It was clean and the family were extremely helpful and welcoming, taking time to tell us the history of the house and family. We would love to go back for a longer stay and explore the beautiful beaches and countryside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisLynn53
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived at Hawley House after a long journey from London - looking for a few days of peace and quiet, to recharge my batteries before a long run of meetings, conferences and travelling. I enjoyed a dish of home-grown/home-made pumpkin soup and sank gratefully into bed. The views from my room in the main house were stunning - across the beautiful water gardens, the beach, the rocks of the Rubicon Estuary and Narawntapu National Park. Jet lag has some benefits - I witnessed two wonderful sun rises.
The food was nutritious, home-grown or locally sourced and delicious. Despite being the only one there one night - the fire was lit in the drawing room and I spent a relaxing and happy evening there. It was a magical few days and I was very sad to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SJG18
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I toured Tasmania in August for twelve days and found ourselves with nowhere to stay on one of the night we were driving across the top of the island. After calling a couple of motels and B &Bs we were starting to get worried as they were either fully booked or closed for renovations. My husband found Hawley House online luckily and we gave them a call.....I am so glad we did. Considering it was all very last minute, our reception was wonderful and we were given a tour of the gorgeous house and offered the room of our choice. Our lovely hostess also offered to make us dinner, but as we were the only guests we elected to drive back to Devonport as we wanted to catch the Spirit of Tasmania coming into port.

We had one of the lovely stable rooms with a spa and we had one of the best nights sleep we had while in Tassie. The bed was comfortable, it was silent except for the sounds of the ocean and the room was comfortable and warm. Even though it was the middle of winter we only turned the heater on for about ten minutes when we first came into the room from outside and then its was warm enough to leave it off for the rest of the night.

The spa was a godsend as my back was killing me from driving around for 5 days straight and everything we needed was supplied. If we had of known this lovely place was here we would have organised our trip so that we could have stayed for a few more days. We wandered the grounds and took photos before the sun went down and as weare early risers we were walking on the beach as the sun came up in the morning....that was breathtaking and definitely something worth seeing.

This gorgeous house has been in the same family for 4 generations and is now lovingly cared for by the daughter and son of the family and they are doing a wonderful job. Even in their slowest period, winter, we were welcomed, shown around and cared for like royalty, nothing was too much trouble, all we had to do was ask and they would try and make it happen. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My disappointment about Hawley House was due to only getting to stay for one night. This is a beautiful, unique property. A beautiful room in the stables, drinks in the drawing room and great dinner in the dining room. You feel like a guest in a country house not just someone staying in an hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business