“Best Spud Anywhere!!!”

Add it.
The House of Spuds
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Devonport
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We've moved interstate, but House of Spud is our first stop any time we're in Tassie. Amazingly cooked spuds with delicious toppings. They never get it wrong - perfect every time!!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular at the house of spuds and have never been disappointed.

Does get very busy at times and could be best to phone your order through.

The specials are also something different and do sell out quickly.

Fantastic staff.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

this is a must for lunch or dinner take aways. Healthy food which is always good and the staff/owners are very pleasant people all of the time.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

As my second to last day in tassie i had gone over budget for my holiday. So i was looking for a reasonably priced place in devonport.

Found this gem thanks to this website and thought why not?

I love a good baked potatoe but this one 'one upped' things. I got a half yer tiz and half farmland. What great choices. They make the spuds a bit different to gippsland (mix it together etc) and it makes it heaps better. Half n half cost me $10.40 where a normal large is $9.70. I also tried the customer fav "supreme" which had cream cheese but it was not my style.

The little building is hidden next to a good tuckshop and not really setup for dining in. Which is fine as service is super fast and the value more than makes up for it!

If you like a good baked spud and are anywhere in tassie you HAVE to try this place. I would drive accross the state just to fix the craving.

My only letdown was the initial customer service from a lady as i was reading the menu and wondering where prices were. She just stood there with one of those "i hate my job" stares. Upon my initial order i found the price list hidden behind items on the counter. Which is where i found the half n half. We called out for the worker but a few minutes later a older male came out with 2 trays (one being my friends baked spud) which i then requested to switch order and he happily did so without a fuss.

Overall very happy with the meal and service. Meals come out very fast but keep in mind its more a takeaway setup. There is a bench and seats if you have to eat in.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

You think a spud's a spud but different fillings mean different flavours.Their special board is always displayed and rotates the menu so another good idea here. Overall great service and good same quality each time you order a spud.