“Good toppings ”

Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Valentino's Devonport opened in July 2012 after a massive renovation. We serve Pizza, Pasta, Steak, Seafood, Kidz Meals, Desserts and always be on the look out for our Specials Board. Our friendly staff look forward to serving you on your next or first visit.We would like to thank all the customers that have taken the time to share their comments on this site. We aim to always be on the look out for process improvements and welcome any feedback. Happy dining :)
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I wen to Valentinos on a Sunday night, the service was great, quick with menus, drinks and good. All diners ordered pizzas which were nice but could tell it was a pre made base and found them a little over prices. The range of toppings was good though and they did taste nice.

PR-Jeff, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts, although not all correct, but never the less. Regarding your comment about "you could tell it was a pre-made base" well rest assured that we make our own special dough mix at around 3.30 every day so you are welcome to come in and see it for yourself, hence why they did and do taste nice. As we go beyond the call to ensure that everything is as fresh as can be I have posted a pic of our freshly "made today" dough, just in case you can't make it in to see.

It dis-appoints me when reviewers make assumptions, like yours, without any foundation ........ sort of like me saying your a knob head and not really knowing that you are probably a really nice person!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service was very good. Staff were greeting people at the door with big welcome smiles. Service was fast and efficient. Quick to place water on the table and take my order.

The food however is more of the take-away variety and disappointing. Not what I was expecting so really it was my fault. Other diners seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and we like to think that we do our best to provide great service which you noted. Yes we are a family restaurant and do offer our amazing food as take-away and do not promote ourselves as a fine dining eatery.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

After reading Valentino's rated top spot to eat in Devonport, I decided to try it out. Perhaps my expectations were too high, on arriving we were the only ones in the whole restaurant, the place was deserted. We were seated by the waitress and given menus. This was my first look at what I thought was a italian based menu. Pasta, Pizza & Parmi is the majority of choice.
No Scallopini or Saltimbocca or even lasagne, for me it was what I would expect from any Pub.
The wine list contained several wines I would have liked but unfortunately they were only sold by the bottle and not by the glass, my husband and I have opposite tastes in wine so did'nt want to buy a bottle to drink alone. The food arrived and was of ample size and hot, the waitress was pleasant, but eating with the traffic zooming past and loud music playing did nothing to make the experience enjoyable. Some people might be happy to eat here but it was NOT for me !!

2  Thank nomadTasmania
PR-Jeff, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we do apologise that your individual dining experience was not up to scratch.

To all our other diners we hope that one bad apple "or review" does not spoil the consensus that we do our very best 99.5% of the time. In saying this, we do accept that occasionally a diners taste buds and our special ways do not align which is “Murphy’s Law” and we sincerely regret.

We will endeavour to personally email this reviewer, to troubleshoot their experience, as we strongly believe that social media can sometimes be taken out of context.

Valentino's ....... always listening to our customers &
Winner of the 2014 Certificate of Excellence Award

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent pizza and pasta glad to see the 10 $ lunches are back . Beautiful meal we had ty guys its nice to have somewhere reasonably priced with great food.

PR-Jeff, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi Katrina,

Yes it has to be said that our $10 lunches are a huge success and we plan to keep them going so nice people like yourself can enjoy our awesome food. Thanks for posting your thoughts and we look forward to serving you again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hamish & I came for tea on Valentines day! Our first night out for tea alone in 4 and a half years and what an amazing night it was. Beautiful food, friendly staff and an all round great experience :) we will definitely be back. Thankyou :)

Dear Denni,

Sorry for the slow reply but I read your review when it was posted and I appreciate that you took the time to post your lovely review. As a stay at home dad for 5 years I understand that your life, including normal things that couples do, get put on hold. We look forward to your next visit and maybe it will be in months and not years.