“good feed for hungry travellers”

Valentino's Devonport
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Valentino's Devonport opened in July 2012 after a massive renovation. We serve Pizza, Pasta, Steak, Seafood, Kidz Meals, Desserts and always be on the look out for our Specials Board. Our friendly staff look forward to serving you on your next or first visit.We would like to thank all the customers that have taken the time to share their comments on this site. We aim to always be on the look out for process improvements and welcome any feedback. Happy dining :)
Reviewed September 24, 2013

good value for the price, clean, nice cooking, wine list ok. Chicken parma and a chicken caeser salad were delicious, and the chips were 'real' and hot

V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hi Liz,

Judging by your recent reviews you have seen a bit of Devonport and we hoped you liked it. I moved from Melbourne to Tassie 11 years ago and never went back. I use to have restaurants in Melbourne and now that I am in Tassie I couldn't help but staying in the hospitality industry. We are grateful that you have taken the time to post your experience and we look forward to serving you again one day.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have been here many times and can never seem to stop ourselves from going back. There is a wide range available with a specific focus on pasta and pizza. I quite often get the Caesar salad and it is very delicious. The service is friendly and quick and the atmosphere is warm, quiet and spacey.
I would definitely recommend giving valentinos a go, no matter your taste.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review as we always love it when a customer goes beyond the call and shares their thoughts. Even better that you sound like you are a little addicted to us as much as we are addicted in ensuring the best possible dining experience is achieved.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went to this restaurant with a group for a farewell for 3staff .We were all very impressed with the service and the large servings of great food .The staff was friendly and polite . Thankyou all from all of us .

V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hi Debra,

Thanks for your great feedback and we always enjoy having people in that are celebrating an end of an era. We look forward to your next gathering and I hope the 3 ladies that retired enjoyed our little gift.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have two different reviews of this restaurant. I have eaten here twice, the first time, dined in, and the 2nd time called in for a take away order.

The first time it was absolutely amazing, it was in the middle of the week, lunchtime, and very quiet and peaceful and we were greeted by a polite waitress. We ordered pizza each, and I thought it was the best pizza I'd tasted in Devonport. We definitely said we would be back for more next time. I also ordered dessert take away, the Celestial Mud Cake, and it was to die for. Amazing! We left really happy.

So the 2nd time, I called in to pick up a take away, on a Saturday afternoon, and the girl who answered the phone was very polite, and helpful and even mentioned a special that we could upsize our pizzas for the same price, I said why not! As well as my favourite mud cake also. We picked up our pizzas and dessert and took it home. We ordered two different ones, one was a prawn one, and one was the chicken bbq one. When I opened mine up and started eating it I was in shock. The first bite seemed ok, then after it started to taste funny, when I looked at my pizza, I felt absolutely sick. It was like chicken was just overstuffed under the cheese. There really was just TOO MUCH chicken. I know that some ppl would think this is a weird complaint, but it really did look like it was just completely overflowing and stuffed with chicken, and to make it worse, the chicken actually tasted kind of strange, and with my third bite I tasted something fishy, and actually thought I was being tricked by my fiancé, by sneaking a piece of prawn inside my pizza (I hate prawns), but how would he do that when the pizza wasn't opened before I opened it? I didn't end up finishing my pizza and threw it away, and vomited. and my fiancé also mentioned his tasted kind of funny too. He even looked at mine and said, my goodness why it there so much chicken, that looks sickening!

This was disappointing because I had such a good experience dining there the first time with an absolutely delicious pizza. Then my 2nd time as a take away, my pizza is just over stuffed with chicken under the cheese, with a funny "off" taste to it, I actually thought, well perhaps they just had too much chicken perhaps about to go off, so why not just stuff it all in this pizza? That's how it looked. I was hesitant to have my dessert later on, but did, and it turned out fine thank goodness.

I guess my point is, I don't think i'll be dining here again, Might just stick with Dominos, around Devonport. And i definitely don't recommend take away, just because I chose not to dine the 2nd time, my pizza shouldn't be rotten. How could this be? Such a great pizza the first time dining there, and the 2nd time, it was practically rotten? I'm sorry I had to write this review like this, but that was my experience.

PR-Jeff, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we do apologise that your individual dining experience was not up to scratch.

To all our other diners we hope that one bad apple "or review" does not spoil the consensus that we do our very best 99.5% of the time. In saying this, we do accept that occasionally a diners taste buds and our special ways do not align which is “Murphy’s Law” and we sincerely regret.

We will endeavour to personally email this reviewer, to troubleshoot their experience, as we strongly believe that social media can sometimes be taken out of context.

Valentino's ....... always listening to our customers &
Winner of the 2014 Certificate of Excellence Award

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal whilst on business trip , very friendly waitress , great pizza , will be back again for sure .

V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hello there,

We are stoked that you chose us whilst on your business trip, even though you had frequented somewhere else on your last visit. I think in business you have to be consistent, wether or consistently good or consistently bad !!! We are happy that you had a great experience with us and we promise that it will be consistently good on your next visit, although we know that sometimes things don't always go to plan but we sure try our very best. Eating out is more than just food these days and that is why we strive to keep peoples total dining experience a memorable one.