“Quiet and Peaceful”

Valentino's Devonport
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Valentino's Devonport opened in July 2012 after a massive renovation. We serve Pizza, Pasta, Steak, Seafood, Kidz Meals, Desserts and always be on the look out for our Specials Board. Our friendly staff look forward to serving you on your next or first visit.We would like to thank all the customers that have taken the time to share their comments on this site. We aim to always be on the look out for process improvements and welcome any feedback. Happy dining :)
Tasmania
“Quiet and Peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently made the time to have lunch here on a Tuesday. On arrival we were the only guests, but two more ladies came, so it was indeed quiet. We were greeted by a lovely waitress and we had the choice of all the restaurant to find a seat.
As the lunch special was so cheap, we stuck to that and all ordered pizzas. I also tried a very nice glass of bubbly which I had never heard of.
All the pizzas were piping hot and very fresh. I think half a pizza would have been enough, but we ate it all. We all ordered a different variety, so that way we could share.
I did check out the main menu and there was lots to choose from. The only complaint I could make was that the prices were a little higher than what I had experienced in the Devonport and surrounding areas. From memory up to 25%.

• Visited June 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks for your nice review and I remember reading your review of another local establishment that served chemical like water and had an arrogant manager. Hopefully the water you received when you sat down was nicer and thank you for mentioning the lovely waitresses service levels.

With regard to your comment on pricing it is difficult to offer the quality we do and the dining environment any cheaper. We actually introduced the $10 pizza/pasta lunch special to allow people on a budget to taste our awesome food. As you can see by review before yours they actually stated that it was value for money, so it is sometimes hard to find a happy medium. We use to have a half price Tuesday and no one came and then when we stopped it people started coming again!!! Anyway, once again thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience and we look forward to serving you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

You can never go wrong if you eat at valentinos..great atmosphere..great food..value for money..and super friendly staff..

• Visited July 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello there,

Cheers on the short but sweet review and we do work hard to keep ahead of the competition. I am also glad that you chose to dine with us and that your faith in dining out has been restored.

As I have said before we strive to provide an environment that we would expect, when we head out to a restaurant, but sadly that's a tall order these days.

A quick thank you to all my staff that share the same values as I do, which lead to this and all our other great reviews. In saying this we are only human and do get it wrong sometimes but it is never intentional.

Scottsdale, Australia
“Good Meal EXCELLENT SERVICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

From the phone call to book a table to the paying of my bill the service was excellent. Nothing was to much trouble and with half our party late (30mins) they were very understanding. The meals were very good and the garlic pizza was yummy. Pretty big serves. The price was a little on the high side with a parmi, chips and salad $27. The quality was good so didnt mind to much. The menu was huge with lots of choices. My next visit I will be trying the pasta. One of our group has pizza and said it was the best in Devonport. We will be back !!!

• Visited August 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hi Vicki,

Thanks for your great feedback and my staff always get a kick out of reading reviews. I am glad that you enjoyed the excellent service, as we pride ourselves on being a cut above our competition. We always strive to provide a dining experience like we would like when we dine out, but sometimes that is hard to find. I hear what your saying about the parmi but it's great you also noted that the quality outweighed the cost, as we also strive to buy the best possible produce. We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again.

Devonport, Australia
“Good family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

One thing I don't like in a restaurant is being squashed in.

This restaurant is very roomy, the service is great and the food is equally as good.

If you don't want a sit in meal they do take-away meals as well.

It is primarily an Italian cuisine as the name suggests but other style meals are available as well.

Their pizzas are excellent and the prices are reasonable as well.

Visited April 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi there guys,

Firstly, thank you for leaving your thoughts on this site, as we know how busy life can get so time becomes precious. I am glad that you mentioned that our place is very roomy, which is intentional. I try to adopt a dining environment that I would appreciate when I dine at another venue, but sadly those qualities are hard to find theses days. My pet hate is smaller eateries that do multiple sittings and want you to leave as soon as you're done. I believe that once you've sat at one of our many tables then it's yours until YOU want to leave.

Townsville, Australia
“Family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic with the family, kids 14 and 12, recommend highly, the food was amazing, you will be asking for a take home pack. Thank you

• Visited July 2013
Hi Matt & family,

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts on this site and we are glad you enjoyed your dining experience. I couldn't work out why we didn't get a perfect score from you when you used words like "Fantastic and Amazing" but maybe next time when you visit we can improve in your eyes.

Glad you enjoyed your Tassie adventure and I hope the sun burn from your snow trip has eased.