“Overall great experience”

Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Valentino's Devonport opened in July 2012 after a massive renovation. We serve Pizza, Pasta, Steak, Seafood, Kidz Meals, Desserts and always be on the look out for our Specials Board. Our friendly staff look forward to serving you on your next or first visit.We would like to thank all the customers that have taken the time to share their comments on this site. We aim to always be on the look out for process improvements and welcome any feedback. Happy dining :)
Hobart, Australia
“Overall great experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to Valentino's for a 21st birthday with over 50 people which they easily catered for. The food and atmosphere was great, portion size was huge, definitely recommend the bruschetta for a starter! All the staff were lovely and I just want to say a special thanks to the manager who went out of his way to look after me. i had just driven 4 hours, was exhausted and managed to lose some money in the restaurant which he kindly checked the till for me and reinburst me for half of. It's not often you receive great service, I will definitely make a point of returning when I'm next in Devonport!

• Visited May 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi Jess,

Thanks for the kind words and unfortunately the lost money was never located, however I hope you got good value out of the gift voucher. Looking forward to next time you visit and the first drink is on us.

Happy Dining :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Not so good”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Took 45 min to get the food on a Monday night - And we were the only ones in the restaurant at that time
Waiters got the order wrong
Pizza was ordinary.
We specifically asked for an item not to be on the pizza because my wife is allergic and it was smothered with it. When we told them there was no response.

5 Thank Ash T
PR-Jeff, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, April 12, 2015
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we do apologise that your individual dining experience was not up to scratch.

To all our other diners we hope that one bad apple "or review" does not spoil the consensus that we do our very best 99.5% of the time. In saying this, we do accept that occasionally a diners taste buds and our special ways do not align which is “Murphy’s Law” and we sincerely regret.

We will endeavour to personally email this reviewer, to troubleshoot their experience, as we strongly believe that social media can sometimes be taken out of context.

Valentino's ....... always listening to our customers :)
Latrobe, Australia
“Best food in Devonport”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Valentino's delivers a fairly standard Pizza/Pasta menu. It stands out from other Pizza/Pasta eateries however, as it dishes are bursting with flavour. The quality of their meals demonstrates a commitment to cooking their own sauces from fresh ingredients. For a slightly higher cost than similar eateries, Valentino's offers much tastier meals and more generous portions. My only complaint is that their meal sizes are so large, they leave little room for dessert - and their desserts are to die for! (I highly recommend the Tiramisu!).

• Visited May 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Stuart,

We are glad that you loved your total dining experience and then took the time to share it on this site. We always endeavour to do our best and I am sooooooo proud of my staff and their abilities along with their commitment to keeping us as the No. 1 eatery in Devonport
Devonport, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Mouthwatering Experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Valentino's has quickly become my husband's and my favourite restaurant in town, by a long way! Delicious food with an authentic flavour, coupled with generous portions at a great price make this a must-visit eatery! Friendly staff are always found, and with plenty of seating Valentino's is a great choice for a romantic date, a family meal, or a group event.

Hello there and Happy Anniversary again,

Thank you for your amazing review and we always get a kick out of reading great reviews. We also love the fact that you came to us to celebrate your special occasion and I love the Marvel shirt too.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service and value”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Generous portions, excellent service and extremely accommodating staff. My guilty pleasure is the dessert, and I look forward to visiting Valentinos every time I travel to Devonport for work. Only downside is they don't take AMEX :(

• Visited May 2013
V_Gang_Owner, Owner at Valentino's Devonport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I too have a favorite place I like to visit, when I go to Melbourne, as it just seems to make business trips a little more enjoyable. Apologies for no Amex but we just can't justify the additional expenses, that go hand in hand with premium cards, but maybe one day they will lower the rates as I too have those cards and have given up asking places if they take them.

Happy dining and safe travels :)